Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the South > Texas

Old 05-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Acorn

Originally Posted by denisew View Post:
Just curious about anyone who might have gardening questions, concerns, etc. about gardening in this part of the state. Or, maybe there is someone out there who might be able to answer one of my gardening questions. It is just a way to get a discussion started. I suppose someone will answer soon.
Hi denisew, I am north of Dallas, too. Do you have a particular question? I might can help. Also, there is a good show on Sundays and Saturdays on 660 AM (KSKY). Saturdays from 11 am - 12 pm and Sundays from 8 am - 11 am. You can call and ask questions for this area or anywhere!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Acorn

I just found this forum tonight! I'm also from Dallas. It's great to meet other fellow gardeners!
Old 05-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Flowering Shrub

Send a message via Yahoo to jessiebella677

No but

it was pretty nice out here to. Now we have some storms but thats ok I love when nature waters my plants!
Jessie
Old 06-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Acorn

Send a message via Yahoo to jantoo1

TalkingI lived in Dallas over 30 years

Hey there, How are you?

I lived in Dallas for over 30 years, We bought a home in the early 1980`s in Southeast Dallas and Well You know about that I am sure. . When we paid it off we took the money and we bought a small farm here in Kaufman County about two years ago, paid it outright. Wish I had of done that 30 years ago.. But then I didn`t own the house then so I guess all things in their own time..

Dallas has it`s own set of challenges to say the least. We are either feast or famine. It is either too wet, too hot, too dry or in some cases too cold.. And you never know what it will be from year to year.. It is a challenge, and I am quite addicted to it.. Every year is a new adventure..

My first year here, I picked a low point on this 7 acres to plant my veggie garden (Hint hint folks) and we had a monsoon season last spring.. LOL.. Needless to say, I did not even get to harvest one onion.. Everything just flooded out. So I picked a way better place to put my garden this year and it has flourished.... We have about 10 - 14 inches of great sandy loam with red Georgia clay under that.. It works VERY well in these dry months we are having right now. My roses have bloomed twice now and they are stocking up for a third bloom. NEVER had but one bloom in Dallas.. I am amazed at these roses.. Well I guess the horse poo may have something to do with it..

Well, I guess I have typed your eyes off.. LOL. I will hush for now.

Be blessed and Happy gardening to you..

God bless,
Jan
-->