Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the Northeast > Rhode Island

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 09:04 AM
Flower

Cremmy18 Picture Thread 2013

It's been a few months since I've added new pictures from my plant collection, so I figured I'd add a few updates for the springtime Enjoy and thanks for viewing!

sauromatum venosum from Katie297 is blooming!

For you Mad Plant Scientists out there - Store bought garlic will sprout!

Old 03-25-2013, 09:34 AM
Flower Garden

Cremmy thank you for sharing pictures your plants look wonderful and happy.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:06 AM
Blossom

Cremmy, what are the first two pictures of. Those are really neat looking. Didi you start them from seed?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Flower

Originally Posted by bzmom5 View Post:
Cremmy, what are the first two pictures of. Those are really neat looking. Didi you start them from seed?
Thank you both for the compliments, and I'm so glad you enjoyed them I have so many more pictures but its such a task linking them from FB to here lol.. To Bzmom- The first two pictures are my carnivorous plants - Cape (the tallest/bigger one) and Pink (shorter/squat) Sundews I did grow these babies from seeds which I'd purchased from the carnivorousplantnursery booth at a CP plant show last fall. These were sown around September 2012.
Old 05-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Flower

May Updates!

Hey all! Sorry I've been pretty silent lately, been a crazy year already and my poor plants have had to be put off to the side for awhile Hopefully will get back into the swing of things again, but for now here are some updates from my collection started back in Sept 2012 when I found the wonderful world of PlantSwap Have a wonderful Spring/Summer!

Bleeding Hearts

Phlox in Bloom

Nepenthes "Lantern" Alata aka "Rebeca Soper" alata? has grown a new pitcher! - From KhristyS as a gift

Largest Foliage - Monstera Deliciosa from Entropy77 & smaller foliage - prayer plant? from SteelDJ are doing excellent!

Sauromatum venosum from Katie297 has finished blooming and has formed leaves now!

Spotted Angel Wing Begonia from Katie297 has completed rooting, started growing and now has opened up blooms for the first time with me!

Dragon Fruit cuttings from Jreidsma are branching and rooting happily!

Almond Bushes outside are in blooming <3

I was given the honor of a photo debut by a beautiful hawk last week!

Hope you enjoyed the viewing and thanks for taking the time! Thank you also to all for sharing the treasure from your gardens, and sorry I can't post pics of *all* of my goodies from each of you, but know that the pictures *DO* in fact exist hehehe

Last edited by Cremmy18; 05-04-2013 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: *can - can't
Old 05-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Tree

So cool! last July I was given an orchid, looks just like yours! it bloomed till december & after that has grown a new leaf...the roots are coming out the top of the container & I'm not sure if I need to repot it. I only just now started feeding it, & could use any tips on how to care for it. Oh and I'm jealous of the dragon fruit cactus...

Last edited by skayc1; 05-04-2013 at 10:01 AM..
Old 05-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Flower Garden

Your pictures are wonderful - you are such a great gardener.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Flower Garden

Beautiful, you got the green finger for sure
Old 05-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Flower

Originally Posted by skayc1 View Post:
So cool! last July I was given an orchid, looks just like yours! it bloomed till december & after that has grown a new leaf...the roots are coming out the top of the container & I'm not sure if I need to repot it. I only just now started feeding it, & could use any tips on how to care for it. Oh and I'm jealous of the dragon fruit cactus...

Hehe don't be jealous and thank you very much!! As to your Orchid, it sounds like it might be time for a re-pot however, do not change the container - only give it fresh medium Healthy roots reach for freedom with orchids sometimes the tips will shrivel a little on the outstretched roots, but if its just an inch or so it is fine. If they really start to go brown it needs water! I hear phals will bloom up to two times a year if they're happy. All of mine seem to have gone along with this theory hehe. I just started "rescuing" orchids from various commercial nursery bargain racks last September and have been a bit obsessed with them ever since lol. I can honestly say, *most* varieties are really a lot easier than they seem when it comes to care They *like* to be "neglected" and not "over-loved" by us over protective plant lovers lol, and thrive best as such. I am working on writing a small how to guide for orchid care for beginners, however am not finished yet and am switching it from a .pdf to google docs format for easier viewing...I will post a link once I finish re-adding the pics to the google doc version for anyone interested in orchid care from Cremmy18's perspective Hope this helps and have faith! You will do great with them, sometimes it just takes a couple oopses before you get it right hehe.

Last edited by Cremmy18; 05-04-2013 at 05:30 PM..
Old 05-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Flower

Originally Posted by SwampLady View Post:
Your pictures are wonderful - you are such a great gardener.
Awww, thanks so much SwampLady!! I am starting to get the hang of most of my plants now haha, but I think I have a longgggg way to go before I have the experience and knowledge like such great gardeners as yourself!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Flower

Originally Posted by fearadyn View Post:
Beautiful, you got the green finger for sure
Thank you very much, Fearadyn!! I have a lot of your seeds to try from my very first PS care package, and I cannot wait!! I know which seeds are which, and more about the various plants they'll each become which has lead me to such an appreciation of all the wonders you all have sent me over the last 7-8 months!! I love seeing your gardens each time I have a moment to hop on PS and hope I can have such beautiful gardens as you one day!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:48 PM
Acorn

goji seeds

hello
I got some goji berry seeds and looked like sand to me- from someone on this site and would like that party to email and see if we can try again
I had no luck and really would like to try again -or someone else that has these seeds.
thanks

** Edited in accordance with site rules - please share personal contact in private messages only, including email addresses, thanks.

Last edited by zuzu's petals; 06-19-2013 at 06:33 AM..
-->