Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the Northeast > Massachusetts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Acorn

2013 New England Plant Swap, June 1, 9 am, Walpole, MA

THIS is the way your grandmother made her garden grow. She traded thriving plants with friends and neighbors.

Which is exactly what we'll be doing again this year at the New England Plant Swap this Spring. Sharing is the best part of gardening. When a plant does well enough here in New England, others want to know about it. They'd like even more to HAVE some of it.

If you haven't been to a good, old-fashioned plant swap, you're in for a treat. Pot up your excess prized plants to share. Load up your bounty and head to beautiful Adams Farm at 999 North St. in Walpole MA on June 1, 2013 at 9 am. There, you will meet other, friendly, local gardeners with their booty for sharing.

It's simple, free and fun for all. For each plant you bring, you can take a plant from someone else. All the details are at our web site: http://www.newenglandplantswap.org or we may be reached by phone at 508 507 9629. We look forward to seeing you there.

Your mother would be proud. In fact, BRING your mother and other friends who like to share.

Here are some pictures from last year's swap:

We cleaned up or yards, divided some plants, and loaded up our truck with everything from Dahlias to Dogwoods. There was something for everyone...and everyone left happy with new friends and as many free plants as they could handle. There were even plants left over that were given away.

The Town of Walpole let us use the Barn at Adams farm, where we set our plants under the covered area of the Barn on picnic tables.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Flower

Looks fantastic!! I'm totally marking this on my calender and sharing the news! Thanks for the share!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Blade of Grass

Im pumped. The fist one near me since i joined the site.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Acorn

Here's what I'm bringing to the New England Plant Swap

Here's what I'm bringing (I'll probably add more when things start coming up).... let me know if you would like me to bring LOTS of anything for you!
  • Gobs of daylilies
  • Gobs of dutch/Siberian irises (not sure which)
  • Arnold Drawf Forsythia (very well mannered, dense)
  • Pee Gee Hydrangea
  • Vinca
  • Chocolate chip ajuga (great ground cover)
  • Purple violet cleome (self seeding annual)
  • Ladyís Mantle
  • Husker Red Digitalis
  • Meidiland Roses (the best shrub rose ever, but killer to work with)!
  • Snow on the mountain (some say itís invasive)
  • Plectranthus (purple self seeding annual looks like coleus)
  • Purple japanese parsley (self seeding annual)

Things I might LOVE to get my hands on:
  • Hellebores
  • Japanese grasses (Hakonechloa)
  • Hydrangea (except Pee Ggee)
  • Purple bee balm (as long as itís mildew resistant)
  • Purple daylilies
  • Heuchera (coral bells)
  • Cimcifuga (snake root)
  • Smokebush
  • Anything with purble/blue flower
Old 03-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Acorn

Don't Miss This Plant Swap

I went to this swap last year and LOVED it. I have been buying plants for 40 years...this was a gardener's DREAM... beautiful, New England grown plants for FREE! My yard is fuller than full, and it appreciated the thinning. I brought hosta, pachysandra, wisteria, trumpet vine, vinca, lots of Cannas, Fritillaria, orange double daylilies, purple spiderwort...to name a few and will bring more this year.

I didn't think I wanted anything, but I managed to find a few plants too good not to adopt. There was so much to choose from. Adams Farm is beautiful and a perfect spot for a plant swap. Plenty of parking and great people sharing their love of gardening...and their plants!

Old 03-23-2013, 05:57 PM
Acorn

LOVE your garden, Bud

Bud... thanks for participating in the swap. You have so many wonderful plants...and thanks for bringing so many. And I don't know what you do to your soil, but it's the BEST!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:02 AM
Sprout

Nice! Marking my calendar, for sure!
Old 06-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Flower

Ack! I couldn't find this thread initially, but I posted my thank you/pic thread somewhere in the general forum lol. Thank you all so much for a great time at a lovely local! Me, My BF and our pups had a blast and I got some neat goodies to go home with! I was also thrilled to have most of my goodies picked up within moments of me arriving (and some not even put down yet lol). A fantastic first real plant swap for me! Thanks again and have a great weekend to All!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:20 AM
Acorn

New England Plant Swap

Last year's New England Plant Swap was very well attended....and we're doing it again this year. The 2014 New England Plant Swap will be on May 31, 2014 at 9 am at Adams Farm, 999 Adams Farm, Walpole, MA!

Clean out your beds, bring extra seedlings, divide your perennials and house plants and come to the swap. For each plant you bring, you can take a plant from someone else. It's FREE and FUN!

newenglandplantswap.org
info@newenglandplantswap.org
Old 03-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Flower

Yay!! Hopefully me and my BF can make it again this year, it was a blast and I still have all my plants from it <3
Old 02-21-2015, 05:34 PM
Acorn

We're on for the 2015 New England Plant Swap!

Calling everyone with green thumbs and dirty fingernails! Itís our 4th Annual New England Plant Swap at Adams Farm in Walpole, MA on Saturday, June 6, 2015 from 9 am to noon.

Once again, gardeners from around New England will be cleaning up their yards, dividing their perennials and houseplants, and sharing their excess seedlings ,annuals, tools, garden-art and books. Youíre welcome to take home with you plants, tools and books of equal value to what you brought.

So pot up your successes and leftovers and join us at the red barn at Adams Farm for a morning of fun, stories and general garden nirvana. The barn is covered; so it goes on rain or shine. Thereís plenty of free parking. The event is open to all and is there is no charge. Even the coffee is free and your leashed dogs are welcome.

Our web sit has all the details: NewEnglandPlantSwap.org. We look forward to seeing you (and your garden goodies) at the swap!

Tags
boston, massachusetts, new england, plant swap, trading
-->