Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Miscellaneous > Coffee Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2017, 08:45 AM
BUBBA

Send a message via Yahoo to angmf2233

CoolPics

I havent been here for some time, and just tried posting pics the way i always did using photobucket. I just tried and im assuming your being charged now for third party transactions. What do you all do to post pics free? Help old woman out please, not real computer literate.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:03 PM
Flower Garden

Photobucket has changed in a very bad way these last few years. I think it is time to look for another free photo housing site.

I tried to put a link to my pics awhile ago and I think only other photobucket users were able to see them.

They used to be such a good place.

Oh when and if you find a good place let us know, I' m saving all my pics to Google drive, but I'm not sure how to use it to share pics here yet.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:03 PM
BUBBA

Send a message via Yahoo to angmf2233
I just signed up for flicker and loaded some pics, but dont see img url to post here? Keepus posted barb.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fearadyn View Post:
Photobucket has changed in a very bad way these last few years. I think it is time to look for another free photo housing site.

I tried to put a link to my pics awhile ago and I think only other photobucket users were able to see them.

They used to be such a good place.

Oh when and if you find a good place let us know, I' m saving all my pics to Google drive, but I'm not sure how to use it to share pics here yet.

Originally Posted by angmf2233 :
...just tried posting pics the way i always did using photobucket. I just tried and im assuming your being charged now for third party transactions. What do you all do to post pics free?
Hi y'all

I agree, P'bucket has turned rotten.
They are behaving like thugs, holding everyone's pictures for $$$ ransom, even breaking all of our old, long-established links apparently;
and I'm with you both, I am not willing to let them twist my arm to pay them off.

I suppose this (cutting back on "free" services) could happen with any of the online hosting services, but (for now at least), I have started using Imgur (http://imgur.com/) which is working well for my purposes (sharing on forums, mainly).

Of course, the Imgur "system" does look and work a bit differently from what I had become accustomed to at P'bucket,
so I do need to practice a little patience at times to navigate ...
but overall, I have to say that I am quite pleasantly satisfied with the change
and I definitely DO NOT miss the annoying pop-up ads that had turned using my free P'bucket account such a giant pain in the butt, even before they started breaking my shared image links.

If anyone finds other sites to try, please do let us all know - sharing our pictures is a fun feature of this site.

In the meanwhile, it's worth mentioning that we can also still use the built-in features here at the PS site, like the photo attachment button, and our albums.

Originally Posted by angmf2233 View Post:
I just signed up for flicker and loaded some pics, but dont see img url to post here?
Hiya Ang - I'm not personally familiar with flickr, but I did a quick search and found this Q&A at their site "Help Forum" which might be helpful for finding the "sharing code" that you need there:
How to post Flickr pictures on a forum?

Hope that helps.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:37 PM
Flowering Shrub

I just store them in my files. I used an outfit years ago, free, then they did the same thing. I have never looked at Photobucket or flicker, or whatever its called. I can't see that I need to store stuff elsewhere.
-->