Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Miscellaneous > Coffee Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2015, 08:41 PM
Acorn

Am I being Stingy?

I often trade or give away plants. I always have seeds, or plants that need divided. I know a couple of women that are always wanting some of this or that, but every time I do they kill it by neglecting it. Then they wan't something else, I encourage an interest in plants but for Pete's sake. It's gotten to the point that I try not to give them anything. In ex. I had started some roses by way of cuttings, and told one I would give her one. She never came and got it so I put it in the ground, she finally showed up months later and wanted me to dig it up lmao I told her no, but I would start some more cuttings. The cuttings are doing great but I keep remembering all the other plants she has killed and almost don't want to give it up. I guess I will but If she kills it no more free plants :P
Old 05-01-2015, 03:25 AM
Acorn

We all want to see our plants flourish. For whatever reason, this person can't keep them alive, so I wouldn't give her anything to difficult to handle. Give her something that doesn't need to be watered every week or something that is really hard to kill or something that you don't care about. If you have a plant that is in the way, give it to her. If she keeps it alive for a year, give her something else. Be picky, don't be stingy.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

It doesn't sound like you are stingy at all Loving' - sometimes, folks who are less familiar with caring for plants just don't realize just how much time, energy and love gardeners put into their plants, and consequently, they probably don't understand that we may feel hurt when our "babies" suffer or die from neglect.

I love what IcaFree said, and I echo her last sentence; "Be picky, don't be stingy."

Old 05-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Forest

Smile

Your generous I say........
Guess she wanted the easy way out.

Hang in there
-->