Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the Midwest > Indiana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 12:17 AM
Acorn

QuestionIndianapolis Area

I don't see any current post but maybe someone is still around. I live in Indianapolis, and will maybe have Iris to trade. The Iris that I have are white and peach, and I would love some blue or purple ones. I think having a variety of color in your garden is so nice. I need just about anything that will survive full sun as well. I am just starting to plant wildflowers and perennials. I hope that I will have more plants to trade in the future. - Kari
Old 04-04-2014, 06:00 AM
Flower Garden

Hello Keri, nice to have you join our group. I have a variety of iris, but right now the weather is too bad to get any of them out of the ground. Maybe in a week or so. Would love to trade for your white and peach. I have blue, purple and white, purple, red, orange, yellow and many others. How many bulbs for trade are you considering? We have family in Lawrence county.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:04 AM
Tree

Hi Kari, welcome from Florida!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Flowering Shrub

Good morning ans welcome from northwestern South Carolina!!
Old 04-05-2014, 12:22 AM
Acorn

SmileIris

Originally Posted by SwampLady View Post:
Hello Keri, nice to have you join our group. I have a variety of iris, but right now the weather is too bad to get any of them out of the ground. Maybe in a week or so. Would love to trade for your white and peach. I have blue, purple and white, purple, red, orange, yellow and many others. How many bulbs for trade are you considering? We have family in Lawrence county.
I was told that it is not good to move them until Fall. They are sprouting now and I need to separate them but don't really know how to do that yet. I'm a novice still and my aunt that helped me plant them is no longer with us. They are mixed together so I don't know which is which for white or peach. If you know a good website with how to instructions, I'd love to learn. They are just packed in a small spot now and I really need to get them moved. I would love purple, blue or yellow!

About the only time I get down to that area of Indiana is in the Fall. I try to go to Brown County to see all of the trees and walk the trails in our state park. I can't say I've ever been to Lawrence county. Maybe I need to make a trip to Bedford this Fall and check it out! My guess is that I if I break them up like they need to be so they bloom and are healthy, I will have upwards of ten or more to trade. Maybe more. It is a small area but, like I said, they are packed in there. I will try and post a picture. Again, any tips on how to care for these tall bearded iris would be appreciated. - Kari

Last edited by kaberg72; 04-05-2014 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: left out count of iris

Tags
flowers, hoosier, newbie
-->