LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 03:50 AM
Blossom

Rockford, Illinois 1st Park Plant Swap & Pot Luck Lunch

It's that time again folks!!! Rockford, Illinois 1st Park Plant Swap
So without any further ado:
PLANT SWAP
Anna Page Park
August 22nd , 10am set-up and we will end at 4:00 pm or later if we are talking lol ....11am swap...immediately afterwards...LUNCH!
Our first year we are having it at Anna Page Park, Rockford, Illinois, There are picnic tables, bathrooms and LOTS of room for kids to play and even more room for plants, parking and food.
Pretty much everybody in Rockford is familiar with Anna Page Park ....there are numerous ways to get to it, depending on which way you are coming. If you want or need directions you can mapquest it

The way we will swap will be like this... the basic Free For All. I will say go, everybody will grab ONE (1) plant and take it to their hiding area. After everybody has a plant, we repeat the process. Nice and Simple!

POT LUCK: Please bring a dish to pass, with serving untensils, and your own beverage; be sure to bring and mark your serving spoons etc. with your name. Paper plates, napkins, cups & plastic silverware will be provided.
* If your last name begins with A-L please bring an appetizer or main dish. *
* If your last name begins with M-Z please bring a dessert or salad. *

The socializing afterwards is as much fun as the swap itself, please try to give yourself enough time to stay and enjoy yourself!
From 12:30 to 1:30 or so we will have a picnic type lunch we will share a list of foods that will be coming so we do not end up with lots of one item.
PLEASE LIST WHAT YOU WISH TO BRING FOOD WISE SO WE CAN MAKE A RUNNING LIST OF WHO AND WHAT FOODS WILL BE THERE! Send a PM TO ME
SO BRING ALL YOUR PERENNIALS, ANNUALS or HOUSE PLANTS & SEEDS !!!!!!!!!! LETS MAKE THIS BIG!!!!!

If you can not bring a food item plates, cups, forks, spoons and napkins are good too.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
Tell your friends, neighbors and anybody else you can think of....2009 will be the best Plant Swap YET in Rockford!

Bring along your gardening friends so they too can share their extra PLANTS, FLOWERS, SEED'S and acquire some more! START POTTING UP THOSE PLANTS AND CUTTINGS NOW so that they are nicely rooted for the swap - you want them to be strong and healthy for heading into winter.

Hopefully it'll be a bright sunny day, but, bring sweaters/jackets, just in case.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask...

please let me know if youd like to attend

Last edited by kozy; 08-14-2009 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: removed e-mail address per forum rules
Old 08-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Flower

Kozy:

The plant swap sounds like fun, but running for a plant does not. I am not in a wheelchair, but most days have to walk with a cane. Maybe next time you can do a drawing or figure out some other way to swap. I will look forward to that!

SeeksRoots
Old 08-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Blossom

I understand, wish you could be there, you would get 1 plant from each person who attends, not just one
Old 08-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Flower

Kozy:
So how did the plant swap go. I was home, pickling, but I thought of you!
SeeksRoots
Old 08-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Blossom

Hi,
Thanks for asking, it went pretty good, even though the Rockford Air Show was going on that weekend, my luck lol
there were 8 woman we had pleanty of everything left over lol
plants up the ying yang too
we had alot a door prizes, but we all decided to save them till our next in oct 17th, all the tickets and gift certificates are good for a year so thats good.
had plenty of food.
hopefull oct will be bigger and better.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Flower

Well, 8 is a good turnout if they are all friends!! Be sure to post the plans for the new one, maybe I can attend.
SeeksRoots
Old 08-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Flower Garden

I wish it were in the southern part of the state, I'd come. Otherwise, good luck!
Old 08-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Blossom

PLANT SWAP
Anna Page Park
October 17th 10:30 am, - 1:30 pm or later if we are talking lol

KIDS CRAFTS: ANY DONATION WOULD BE WONDERFUL- coloring books and crayons
Beads and string, unopened peanut butter, powdered milk, honey BALLOONS,CONSTRUCTION PAPER, ANYTHIMNG THEY CAN DO AT A PARK , THANKS

Bring anything garden-related: plants, *cuttings, *bulbs, *seeds, birdhouses, feeders, windchimes, tools, books, potting soil, etc. Items can be handmade or store bought but please make sure seeds & plants are labeled.

If you don't have anything to bring you can sign up to bring food, supplies, or door prizes. ABSOLUTELY NO SELLING WILL BE ALLOWED!!!

When you arrive to the swap you will check in & get tickets for everything you bring, including food, supplies, & door prizes. You will then take your stuff (if swapping) & tickets & park somewhere, using your vehicle & any tables you've brought as your 'booth' ot park picnic tables. Once check-in is over & the swap starts, everyone will use their tickets to "buy" items from other people using their tickets. Hold on to any leftover tickets as we will use these for the door prize drawing. Toward the end, anyone with leftovers they don't want to take home can put in the "surplus" section & everyone can take a turn picking out something until everything's gone. At some point, we'll eat.

*****For people who want to bring food, supplies, or door prizes*****

FOOD: sandwiches, a bucket of chicken, whatever. We'll also want sides, desserts, drinks & ice. Remember to bring a serving utensil if your dish calls for one.

SUPPLIES: paper plates, paper or plastic cups, plastic spoons or forks, napkins or paper towels, name tags or self-adhesive labels

DOOR PRIZES: Anything - doesn't have to be garden-related. Handmade or store bought. May want to include an index card with special instructions, value, whatever.

VOLUNTEERS: To put flyers around your town, help with check-in, handing out door prizes.

*****Some suggestions & rules*****

*Again, no selling! No pets & no alcohol. Kids are okay to bring, you know to watch them.

*You may want to bring a friend to help you. Also, it's a good idea to bring bottled water for your booth, insect repellent, sun block, an umbrella just in case, newspaper to lay down in your trunk, empty box to put plants in.

*You can use your trunk or truck bed to put stuff on but you may want to bring a table & a chair

Please PM me if you even think you'll be coming so I'll have a count. I'll also need to know who (if anyone) will be bringing food, door prizes, & supplies.

Last edited by gardeningmom; 08-23-2009 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: removed e-mail address per forum rules.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Blossom

I wish you all could come, hey i know, ill just fuel the jet 10 sec before it starts and come get you all lol i would if i could.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:26 PM
Flower

LOL...
Old 07-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Acorn

Swap

Are you having the swap in Oct, this yr? I'd love to come. Let me know the details so I can put it on myu calendar. Thanks!
-->