Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the Northeast > Connecticut

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Acorn

Gardeners in CT

I would love to trade plants or seeds in CT.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Acorn

New Britain, CT

Hi, I live in New Britain and just posted a list of offerings....check new post.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Flower Garden

Hi Lavenderpyly, nice to have you join us at Plant Swap. What kind of seeds and plants are you looking for?
Old 06-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Acorn

Thank you. I am looking Mostly mints, herbs and pretty flowers .
Old 06-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Acorn

I live in Stratford and looking to swap & trade plants too. I have some mints: catmint, peppermint & spearmint. I think chocolate mint too but can't tell the diff between the peppermint & choc mint. Some herbs too, just starting some basil, lemon basil, German thyme & rosemary. I'd like to aquire some borage, lemon balm & bee balm. I'm trying to use plants flowers & herbs to attract bees,butterflies & hummingbirds while repelling Mosquitos. ( are Mosquitos our state bird??????) I also have a few June bearing strawberries, not a ton but could spare some plants as they multiply.and tomato seedlings. I also am planning on planting cabbage, and lots of flowers, particularly purple datura, large iris, & clematis (yellow, true blue) . And I lost my golden raspberry & deep purple hydrangea from our terrible winter :-(. I also have an out of control wisteria vine so will have cuttings galore!
Old 08-31-2014, 06:02 PM
Acorn

Hi. Passionflower. Chocolate mint usually has a darker leaf (chocolate) than peppermint or spearmint. If you want lemon balm, gladly give you some. Had so much I tossed in 'the pile' out back. I do have bee balm as well. Just not sure which variety as they kind of got growing together. However, all are red.
Mosquitoes not so bad this year. Bats are back in the woods and doing their job. On the porch/patio table I keep a Citronella geranium. Rub its leaves once in awhile and we're good to go.
For travel to pickup, I'm in Waterbury. By the way, LynnsGardenofEden, where do I find your list of offerings??
Nice to meet you all.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Sprout

Hi,everybody.I am from Branford(New Haven).Would love to trade some plants or seeds with you guys.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Acorn

SmileSeeds and/or perennial wanted

Hi,
I live in East Hartford. I am working with a blank canvas on a tight budget. I have two raised beds which I fill with annuals a few perennials. They are 8x4.
I'm starting new bed that has annual climbing vines on either end, annual Blackeyed Susan vine and Passion flower vine.
I would like to put perennials in between. This garden will be 12x3. It's in full sun. If another has any seeds or division of perennials I would be thrilled!!!!
Thank you. Gineen
Old 08-02-2016, 08:57 AM
Acorn

Hi, I live in town and have spider warts, day lilies, bearded iris, Siberian iris and you could take cuttings from my climbing hydrangea. Let me know.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:38 PM
Acorn

Thank you for your kind offer!! I would love spider warts, the bearded and Siberian iris! I have day lilies and I don't think I would have anything in place yet that could support the hydrangea. When would be a good time to come.
I have croscosmia if you would like?
-->

« Conneticut | - »