Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the South > Arkansas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Flowering Shrub

Finally cooled off....

This has been the most unusual August that I can remember here in Arkansas, it's rained for over half the month(great for those water loving plants), and it has only been in the low 80's and upper 70's during the day for the last week(and it was 64F the other night). But with all good things, I'm sure a drought is to follow.

My plants are probably thinking it winter time(at least fall), and will probably die off? Hope not! The canna's are taking over in front of the deck, and the lilies are starting to mutliply(are they supposed to do that now?).

Anyone else feeling 'funny' about the weather this year in the south?

Scott (still have to shower everyday) B
Old 08-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Flowering Shrub

LIlies multiplying? like-daylilies or are you talking about the hybrids? My hybrids are dying back-stargazers, yellows, orientals. Daylilies are multiplying. Cannas are supposed to be going crazy-they love this heat and rain.

Tonight we are 87 at 10:30pm. Back to the heat. It has been so nice-no AC on for a week and a half. Unusual -yes. Unwanted-oh no way. My plants are loving the rain-no chance of dying right now.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:04 AM
Flowering Shrub

Supposed to warm up today.

These fellas are starting to sprout new shoots....didn't think they did that during this time of year?

Lots of wierd stuff going on this year. Thinking the weather is going to get bad once again if 'Fay' comes this way(or at least the rainbands)..... Well, I've seen worse.....let's discuss what a volcaphoonquake is!

Scott (Phil. Islands 1991) B
-->