Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the South > Alabama

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Acorn

Hello everyone. Just joined up here. I live in Marlow AL just west of Foley on Fish River. I am really excited to meet other "plant people" in this area. I am really just starting out with my garden, but have a healthy supply of Canna Lilly with gorgeous dark leaves and blood red blooms. I have been trying my hand with two Hibiscus bushes that still make me scratch my head, and I have an 8 year old Jade Plant (succulent) that I have recently learned how to propagate and I now have little Jade Plants running out my ears.
Because of my very diverse landscape I am looking for a variety of plants including:
Hosta (full sun-full shade varieties)
Hibiscus (any)
Gardenia (any)
Honeysuckle
Mandevilla
Other succulents & cactus
I have this cool spot out back that is fully shaded by oak trees and the ground is padded with leaves. It is tricky to get grow things, but I am determined to create a lush tropical garden out there =)
I am looking forward meeting you all. From reading your posts, you all sound very nice.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Flower

Welcome Kineson ...I looked it up on the map and i think you're like a 3, maybe 4 hr drive from me...i'm in Florala, AL....I'm kinda just starting out too on my growing and stuff so most of what I do trade is seeds, stamps, or postage for now...I do have some succalents I'm trying to root and some that are babies just getting started...got some cactus seeds planted too and may be able to share when i find out what they look like or what type they are...it was a pack of mixed cactus seeds so when they grow i'm gonna have to look them up to find their names...it may take a while...also i'll keep you in mind if i get any tropical seeds to share and if i can remember and we have any plant swaps close enough that you wouldn't mind driving to i can let you know about those too...anyways nice to meet another new gardener semi close by and hope you enjoy Plant Swap...I've come to love this site and it's members in the short time I've been a member myself...so far I've only met nice and generous open hearted and sharing people here
-->