Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the South > Alabama

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Acorn

Smilegardening on the alabama gulf coast

I am from alabama, would love to know if other alabama gardeners are here in zone 8.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Bush

Hello, yes, I'm in zone eight, over in the FL panhandle north of Destin and Crestview. I have family living near you In Irvington. Happy to meet a Southern gardener that I might actually meet someday.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Acorn

Coastal MS

Hey, y'all! I'm over here in Pascagoula! Good to see you on here.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Flower

Zone 8 Alabama

I'm on the Bama side of the Alabama/Florida state line in a small town called Florala
Old 06-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Bush

I'm only thirty miles from you, in Baker, FL. Just a nice Sunday drive to trade some plants.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Flower

That would be nice beavercreek ...hubby and I go on Friday, Saturday, Sunday drives looking for wild flowers and then come home and look them up to see what they are...so a drive to Baker would be nice!! ... Is there anything in particular you are looking for?...we're just kinda getting started so may take some time to gather seeds on some of ours or root others...most of our plants are in the baby stages and a few we are waiting on to seed out...we do have some succulants tho that flower and are easy to root if we take some pieces off of them...we may have some seeds left over too from our planting the last couple of years, not sure if enough to really consider a trade but any I have spare of you're welcome to ...oh and also since it's so close and we wouldn't have to worry about it dying in the mail we can possibly divide some root balls of a plant or 2 we have...cassia alata (yellow candlestick bush) is one of my favorites but it hasn't seeded yet...we've divided it by root before and planted it and sometimes they live and sometimes they don't...if you're interested it may be worth a try
Old 06-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Flowering Shrub

Hey you guys, I am in baker and would enjoy a swap on plants and such when you get together.
Vette lover
Old 06-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Flower

Re: Baker

Nice to meet you ...the more the merrier lol...it's wonderful to meet not 1 but 2 people so close!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Bush

moonfire, sure, would like some of the rooted cassia and whatever you care to share when you come tour my gardens. Just PM me when you plan to be in the area. I've already invited vettelover to come over. Anyone else in the area is welcome too. Bet you'll find something you like here to trade for.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Flower

Thanks for the invite beavercreek ...will have to coordinate with vette lover so we can all get together at the same time maybe... my hubby is off work on friday, saturday, and sundays...i'd rather visit at a time that's best for you and maybe after this weather calms down for a bit... the weather has stopped us from having our weekend out'ings a bit and i'm getting a bit stir crazy lol
Old 06-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Bush

I understand, it is so miserably hot and humid that I can't work outside very long. This weekend is out because it's a celebration of my husbands first flight of his homemade airplane but there's no hurry. I'm retired and home most all the time.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Flower

lol tell him congrats on the homemade airplane from us!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Bush

Thank you! I think you saw a photo of it in my album...and if you make it over here, you can see the real thing. Flyers and Flowers welcome here.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Acorn

Hi!! I'm from the Dothan, AL area. Would like to get to know people in this area and Fla. too. Moonflower would be interested in the rooted cassia also. Sorry, haven't been able to list my flowers for trade yet. But I have started some Crown of Thorns, from Isreal, that a friend brought back from her visited to Isreal, maybe you would like a cutting from that. Would have to meet somewhere, wouldn,t want to chance it dying before you get it...
Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Flower

sure Didi would love some of the crown of thorns...send me a pm or email please about when a good time would be to meet and where ...and it's nice to meet you also...we're always interested in meeting new people and making new friends
-->