Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the South > North Carolina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Acorn

Cleve. CO Shelby/Kings Mtn/Grover area Plant Swap

I am possibly going to put one of these together finally BUT before I do I would like input from those who would like to attend some possible information would be as follows below:

How important is it that the faclity have electricity?

Play area for children? or would you rather leave the kids at home? under age 10?

Any other important things ideas you would like to share.

Please post any thing you think would make a good/great plant swap.

What you think would make one better.

Whatever you wouldn't want to be included in a plant swap.

Would you like to have a raffle for a gift basket of gardening goodies?

Gathering ideas, need to make plans.
Would like to get a purposed date set, and need to know how many could/would attend, and the importance of possible location.

Either April 25, May 2, OR May 16th, Possible dates, which one would you be more likely to attend?
Your imput is needed to make it happen. So if you would like to attend one for the one of the above mentioned locations then please post your opionions.

Would you attend at my home if attendance is limited, and would you be willing to sign a libilaity waver not holding me responsible for accidents, IF I have it at my home?
Thanks so much, Fran

Last edited by Diane; 02-07-2009 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: posted email..
Old 03-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Acorn

Ok It is here We will be having a plant swap in the Lower Cleveland County Township #3 AREA.

If you would like information on the location or more information in general please email me and I will answer any questions you may have.

It will be May 16th opening at 12:00 pm we will end at 4:00 pm or later if we are talking lol.

From 12:00 to 12:30 we will do set-up of those coming in for lunch and set-up of their plants. IF you are coming for lunch PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

From 12:30 to 1:30 or so we will have a picnic type lunch we will share a list of foods that will be coming so we do not end up with lots of one item.
PLEASE LIST WHAT YOU WISH TO BRING FOOD WISE SO WE CAN MAKE A RUNNING LIST OF WHO AND WHAT FOODS WILL BE THERE!
IF you are coming for lunch PLEASE LET ME KNOW. If you can not bring a food item plates, cups, forks, spoons and napkins are good too.

1:30 to 2:00 side trades and set-up for those who didn't show up for lunch.

2:00 until all the plants are gone PLANT SWAP.

ANY TIME REMAINING AFTER THE PLANTS ARE GONE WILL BE FOR CHATTING IF YOU WANT TO STAY A BIT LONGER!

Everyone is welcome. Bring Plants and seeds if you wish to trade seeds after the Plant Swap is over or during lunch! Please pot up your plants a few weeks before and make sure they are watered well prior to the swap, we want happy plants for the trip home.
PLEASE make sure all plants are well rooted no-one wants a plant to perish later due to lack of a good root system.
ALL plants are welcome however if you have vegetables or annuals please post those so that you can make side trades for those in general but vegetables WILL BE ALLOW IN THE GENERAL SWAP!

If you can make it and are making plans to join us please email me to confirm you will be coming.
Also IF you are making side trades please make sure you can come if for some reason you can not make it after promising plants please make arrangements for your plants to make it to the swap. THANKS SO VERY MUCH!!!

Please bring any tables and lawn chairs you may have!
Please email me for more information on a plant raffle for one special plant!

Fran
-->