Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the Midwest > Michigan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Flower Garden

stormy weather

Its been storming today. Couldnt spend the whole day outside in my gardens. Went out for a while this morning then had to come inside cause it started storming. It stopped and I ran outside and and planted 4 trees and 5 plants, then ran into town, and by the time we got back, it was storming again. Now, waiting for another break in the storms. LOL What a lazy day.
Deb

Last edited by dkline; 06-15-2008 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: need speel cheker LOL
Old 06-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jdkline :
...need speel cheker LOL
Oh yeah, me too!

I hope those storms weren't damaging, Deb, I'm glad you still got some good planting done.
Heaven knows, so many people are suffering from really terrible storms and flooding,
I feel guilty to grouse about our little dry spell.

We did finally get a couple of minor thundershowers today,
it's been 2 weeks since the last rainfall here, so things were starting to show the strain.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Flower Garden

They werent damaging here. But it looked like, south of me in Indiana got the worst part of it. Theres been alot of rain here lately, some parts of michigan and southern indiana are flooded. But those poor people, (was it Iowa?) that got so much flooding lately and now its spreading over to illinois too, I feel terrible for them. Your right, I should not complain about a couple of little thunderstorms. LOL
Deb
Old 06-16-2008, 06:52 AM
Tree

storms across michigan

Some people are still without power, we are not one of them , thank God,, the storms here in se michigan, were brutal last week,, we had got quick heavy winds, like a wall of wind, and passed through the area very quick, and a heavy downpour, then it was gone,, yesterday only a bit of rain, near evening,, we missed that one too,, I think they are predicting some more again today too, its sad one part of country floods, another drought and fires,, if it could only be evened out,, that would be really nice,, glad home and property is fine Deb. Sounds as though you did have a busy and productive Father's Day,, Hope everyone's was Good,, I know ours was Great Blessings,, Beth
-->