Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the Midwest > Michigan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Tree

My Michigan Garden, and Yard this Evening

We shall see if this will work,,, Im hoping these pics will load and someone will be able to see them as a new post or thread, if not Zuzu,, Diane place them where they can all be seen or move the post to the appropriate place please,, you have my permission as well, thanks for all of the help,, we will see if it , any of it has sunk in. My yard, my flowers,my deck,, my view of the world from the wheelchair and the walker and my limited enjoyment with the extent of my injuries. Hope these turn out and enjoy them as much as I do.. Blessings, Beth and please let me know what you think of them all please.
And I wanted you to know Zuzu and Diane, its saying IM only allowed five pics total,, ? I dont know and dont know why only five? It doesnt make sense unless I have to keep deleting before anyone can see the pics? Is it just mine that says that on the attachements,, and mine stay really small while others go full sized,, nicer cameras or more computer literate than me,, I dont know which one? blessings,, Beth

Last edited by bhscarlett; 08-02-2010 at 09:39 PM..
Old 08-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

TalkingBravo!

Your Brugmansias are perfectly beautiful, Beth. Well done.

Originally Posted by bhscarlett :
its saying IM only allowed five pics total,, ? I dont know and dont know why only five? It doesnt make sense unless I have to keep deleting before anyone can see the pics? Is it just mine that says that on the attachements,,
The reason you were only able to add 5 new photos into your attachment file is because the photos in your computer are very large, and they are quickly adding up to the maximum storage space that the program allows.
Although the pictures in your post are only displayed as smaller thumbnails, the whole great big file is uploaded in the process of adding the attachment and that is taking up a lot of space in your file.

The attachment program measures our storage allotments by total kilobytes (KB) - not by the actual number of photographs, so the larger each photo is, the fewer of them will fit in the file.

If you can reduce the size of your pictures, then more of them would fit into the file - I make a habit of reducing nearly all of my photo files to 25% before uploading them,
so instead of 5 pictures, I might be able to fit 20 pics into the same storage space.

Of course, even 20 pictures isn't really very many, which is why I really don't use the attachment feature anymore, because it is quite limiting -
which brings me to another question that I think you've been wondering about:
Originally Posted by bhscarlett :
... mine stay really small while others go full sized,,
The larger sized photos that many members (including myself) add to their posts are not uploaded through this attachment feature.
Many of us use online image hosts which offer free accounts - such as PhotoBucket, for instance.
Pictures which are hosted in this way do not need to be uploaded through the attachment feature at all.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Beautiful Beth...!

I agree with ZuZu...Go to Photobucket (it's free) and you can upload to forum and make them larger....!

"Even if sin did come into the world through a woman....so did the Saviour!"
Old 08-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Forest

Smile

Love them Beth. I am an impatient gardener an like quick blooms.
DOnt work well for me.

Congrats on your success.

b
Old 08-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Tree

I finally have some survivors of abuses and newbies

thats how i got some well rooted adn well sprouted by generous traders,, gotta love em,, finally got some Brugs, even with being ill got some blooms this year, and Im so glad for the pots on the patio/ deck,, blessings, Beth
-->