Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the Midwest > Michigan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Blade of Grass

More inherited plants...

My new neighbor has given me permission to dig up her backyard! It was her Mother's house, and there used to be beautiful gardens back there. Her Mom used to share most of those plants with me. It's a shame that I can't find most of the beautiful plants that used to be there. I wish she would have told me to dig before they moved in, with dogs and little kids. But I definetly appreciate what I'm digging so far.
"Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets. Matthew 7:12
Old 10-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Tree

good luck! It's hard digging sometimes if your not sure exactly where things were.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Blade of Grass

It sure is! And the backyard looks completely different. There's swing sets and toys where there never used to be! lol My poor orig neighbor is probably looking down having the fits! That yard was her pride and joy! She was a great lady, always made ya LOL. I miss her.
"Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets. Matthew 7:12
Old 10-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Forest

Smile

sms

just think how much richer an smarter you are for having know the fine lady.
You got to be colorful together.....
Fret not ....kids need fun too.

bali
Old 10-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Flowering Shrub

Oooooh! I know just what you mean about beautiful old gardens! About 25 years ago one of my friends leased an old house that had at one time had some magnificent gardens meandering here & there in a huge backyard. The little brick walks & walls were still there, but very over grown. they told her that she could dig what she wanted to out of it & she let me come & dig also. Some of the plants I got are still some of my very favorites in my yard & are still doing well today. It was a delight exploring those old gardens & knowing that they gave someone a long time ago a lot of pleasure. I would like to think that that person would be happy to know that her plants were still being cared for & loved today.
-->