Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the Midwest > Michigan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 07:34 AM
Acorn

Morning Deb!
Well I too have alot going here too and didnt want to over do myself. Having one in spring is fiine by me and have good time to set up one next year in spring I'll probably have abit more seeds and plant to trade cos I'am about do for a plant change, I may grab for alot of Dandelion seeds.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Acorn

Originally Posted by Pushin-up-Daisies View Post:
WElcome Plant monkey, cute handle
Why thank you!
Old 08-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Acorn

Deb! I was in the same shoes as you till I came to this gardening site and found some Michiganers here. Now the 2 of us dont feel soo all alone. Well spring is ok with me and will have more time to get one arranged before winter is over next year.

Last edited by Plant Monkey; 08-25-2008 at 06:31 PM..
Old 08-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Flower Garden

Yep theres few of us here now. Spring sounds good to me. We will have to read up on the info on how to organize a swap here on the forum. We can probably get a good idea what needs to be done. I"m thinking maybe a May and September swap????? What do you think?
Deb
Old 08-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Acorn

Hmm! I could break in on May but I'll check and see what dates that I may go on a possible fishing trip with a group from a fishing site/bb. Same with September thats if I head for on a Alaskan fishing trip this one may cost me alot and I plan on saving up for just in case this guy offers me to come up and join them. My ex b/f now married, a friend of his with wife and others I've chatted with are going. I'll see what days are in the works with the fishing times and list them on paper I'll get back with you for a swap day/month.

Last edited by Plant Monkey; 08-26-2008 at 08:43 AM..
Old 08-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Flower Garden

Ok If we need to change them, we can do that. Let me know.
Deb
Old 03-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Sprout

Arrived for snow

Hi fellow MI gardeners. I've finally gotten (MOSTLY) from Ky still have my greenhouse in boxes and garage things locked up in KY. LOVE the snow- When does it go away? I actually saw brown grass this weekend. Good thing I like snow!! I'm going to sign up for the MSU Master Gardener Program that starts in April.Also, I have a delayed date to meet my MI garden friend on my next trip coming back from KY- We need to get together someplace around Monroe?-So, we can finally meet. Deb,are there any plants you'd like me to snatch from my KY farm and bring you? I'm going to get my gooseberry bush you sent me from my son's and bring it home! Meanwhile, I haven't started any starts indoors yet am I late? when should I start? Need MI HELP--
Old 03-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Flower Garden

Hi Jackie!! So glad to see you again. You still have snow up there? Ours is gone now. Its been a very nice day. I've been out in the yard cleaning things up and my hubby and I dug the pond deeper. Gosh, Jackie, I dont even know what you have in your yard in Kentucky. I am waiting until around April 15 to start my seedlings for the veggie garden. I would guess the same for any perennials too. Our last frost date should be around May 1st?? I"m thinking that might be right. You liked all that snow?????? I dont. We should have just traded houses!! My start date is just a guess since this is the first year I will be starting veggies inside.
Deb
Old 03-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Flower Garden

I wanted to take the Master Gardener's class too but didnt have the funds at the time. I'm gonna take it at some point though.
Deb
Old 03-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Sprout

Looks like I'm going to have to wait until the Sept. Class. The current class will start in April and I'm going to be in KY for a few weeks getting winter ice storm damage taken care of on the farm house. So, omce again I'll have to put the classes off til Sept.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:43 AM
Acorn

I'm a Chicagoan zone 5 gardner - wish i was in Mich or Wis. The city is tough for me. One day! Until then, I'm here and having a grand time making the best of clay soil!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Acorn

Michigan z5 here

Hi I'm from near Grand Rapids. Know of any swaps close by? Spring is here!
Old 05-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Flower Garden

Hi shelbelle. I live down by the Indiana line. Glad to have you with us here at plant swap. I dont know of any swaps around your area. Just wanted to welcome another member from Michigan!!
Deb
Old 07-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Acorn

michigander here zone 5

Hi i am from michigan.......
Old 07-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Acorn

north of GR 1/2 hr 45 minutes...15 minutes S of Big rapids
-->