Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Miscellaneous > Coffee Talk > Games, cards and stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2016, 12:24 PM
Sprout

Originally Posted by Sherie0001 View Post:
Floridagal22, your card and seeds came today! I didn't know there were pink moonflowers, I can't wait to try these, thanks a bunch!
I got your seeds and your adorable and artfully made Turkey card it is just gorgeous, so unique. I love it. Thank you for the abundance of seeds. I can't wait to plant them. I will probably start them in December out in my greenhouse.

I feel bad that I didn't have as many seed varieties to share as I had just recently been to 2 plant and seed swap meet parties here in Florida with a Facebook group that I had joined and since I was new to the group I only had mostly seeds to swap and share so I bagged them all up for those two events and the only seeds that I have in abundance are my Pink Moonflower seeds - but they are rare and quite special as you probably already read on the instruction sheets that I mailed with the seeds. They are perennial if you don't let them freeze in the ground. Plant them in a planter and put them into a garage or cold basement over the winter. They die back even here where I live at first frost, but my sand doesn't freeze. In the spring they re-vine each year. The flowers that are on my Icon are a photo of my pink moonflowers. I hope you like them. I don't know how to post photos to show you just how wonderful they are. [ATTACH]4169 I hope this photo shows. Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving, Misty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8570.JPG (107.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-15-2016, 12:31 PM
Sprout

Hi Bali, I've been at my daughters babysitting overnight & got home today to 2 wonderful cards sent from you & Misty.
I've received a handcrafted card from you also for a Valentine's Day trade & I must compliment you for originality !!! I looked at all the ways you decorated this turkey card & it's amazing what you think to use. Front, inside & even the back of your card was decorated. You're not an Art teacher at a school are you?
I was wishing for some Poppy seeds because I planted them one year & they were a bright surprise in early Spring. Here we have to plant them by Thanksgiving which is when we get cold enough to activate them to sprout. Also I can hardly wait to have cleome flowers again. It's been years since I grew some at another house. Do you know the color? There's white, lite pink, deep pink & mixed. I love them all. Years back I had a small start of rudbeckia (Black Eyed Susan type) & over a couple of years it literally took over my flower bed because it's perennial. I gave them to every one I knew & then we had a 28* Winter that must have gotten to the roots because I've never had them since so "Thanks" for a new start. I will plant the Sweet Williams this week also because they are another early Spring flower here in zone 9. As you can see I'm THANKFUL for your card & seeds. Happy Thanksgiving to You & Yours, Trudy
Old 11-15-2016, 12:44 PM
Sprout

Originally Posted by TrudyBee View Post:
Sheri your card has arrived! What a detailed crafter you are. Your card is on my kitchen sink window sill which is a prominent place where many will see it thru Thanksgiving Day. I love it & the variety of seeds you sent. I want to read up about 'Bunny Tails' so I'm sure to get them growing. Sounds very novel & my grandchildren will love them. Holiday thanks for the 'Special Made' card & Blessings, Trudy
Hi Trudy, I got your yummy looking card stuffed full of seeds, that Turkey makes me hungry every time I look at it. lol I gained 2 lbs from raiding the fridge after looking at it and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet. lol just kidding. (only a pound and that was all my fault from snacking. lol ) I can't wait to get more dirt so that I can plant all my new babies next month. Here in Florida, we have to buy dirt - all we have is sand. lol. Like I told Sheri - I wish I would have had other types of seeds to send too. but I just gave all my others away at 2 local swap events here in Florida from a facebook group that I joined. Next year I will hold some back. I hope you enjoy the Pink Moonvines - they are some what rare and perennial if your ground doesn't freeze. I figured out how to post a photo so I'll add another shot to show you how gorgeous and abundant they are. the blooms are about 5" in diameter and they are an icy pink with magenta throats. (you can start them indoors around end of December.) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Misty
[ATTACH]4170
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1994.JPG (117.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 11-15-2016, 12:57 PM
Sprout

Hi Misty. I got your card, too, when I returned home today. Thank you for the Holiday Card & Blessings. My husband & I got a special chuckle out of the front saying I love cranberry sauce, because that is known about me by everyone. I'm known to eat it on toast the morning before & after Thanksgiving & Christmas when it's served with turkey.
How special for you to share seeds of your 'Pink Moonflower'. I'm included in those who never heard of them before now. I looked back over this thread & saw the picture you posted. How large & beautiful & that it's heart shaped crinkles leaves on that trellis? (I pinned the 2 pictures to my Pinterest 'flowers board' at Trudy B.)
Even the leaves are different; not morning glory or moon flower like at all. You can be sure we will each get them started in our neck of the woods next Spring.
Again thanks for sharing in our festivities of the Thanksgiving Season. I'm 'Thankful' for your introduction to this great plant I've already decided to call "Misty Pink Moonflower".
Happy Thanksgiving 2016 to You & Yours, Trudy

Last edited by TrudyBee; 11-15-2016 at 01:07 PM..
Old 11-15-2016, 01:23 PM
Forest

Smile

Oh thank Heavens the cards got there .
I mailed at a different place an was worried.

Glad you enjoyed the cards an my silly art work.
no I aren't a teacher, I just like to use my odds an ends to make mine different.
Lots of fun.
Sorry I didn't include poppyseeds I had loads of.

Thanks for joining an I to appreciate the seeds you sent me an love trying something different.
Happy turkey day to all of you an yours.

Ps Santa time isn't far behind.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:31 PM
Sprout

Hi bali, I haven't gone to the mailbox yet today (have to drive to it about 1/2 mile away.) lol but I'll let you know when I get your card - might be in there now. Misty
Old 11-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Forest

Smile

Good , I hope so.
Cause another lady sent me a birthday card an seeds befor Oct 31.. It never made it..

She told me today.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:34 PM
Sprout

Bali, Surprise you did include a pkt. of poppy seeds in my card, that's why I mention thanks for it. You provided a wish & didn't even realize it! You've Blessed me, Thanks Trudy
Old 11-15-2016, 05:20 PM
Forest

Smile

:s tar:
amen...........
Old 11-16-2016, 06:20 AM
Forest

Smile

Show the photos when the poppys bloom...............I love them all.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:50 AM
Tree

Your card arrived here yesterday Bali, thank you so much! I love it and can't wait to try the seeds. I think this has to be the most festive thanksgiving card I've ever received, the turkey is adorable and I love all the little decorations you added to the whole card!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Old 11-16-2016, 09:54 AM
Forest

Thanks Sheri,
Just another fun thing to do .
Mess with greetings.

I do that monthly for the grand girls an their allowances .LOL
They love it .
Happy Gobble day everyone
Old 11-30-2016, 06:53 AM
Sprout

Hello bali, Sorry to be so long in getting back to you to let you know that I got your lovely card and the cool seeds. Can't wait to plant them. I would have gotten back sooner but have been sick with a bad throat infection since before the holiday and have been on antibiotics. It has really taken the stuffing out of me. Plus I had my youngest son home for the holiday as well. Hope you had a fantastic holiday. and thanks again for the cheerful card and seeds. I tried to send this to you a couple of days ago but it kept saying that the server for the thread was down hoping it goes through today. Misty
Old 11-30-2016, 11:46 AM
Forest

Smile

Floridagal,
Sorry to hear of the sickies.. Please take good care of you an son an has some long needed fun an rest.

Your quite welcome an hope your Christmas is better.
Pouring rain here.
Have a great day. Bali
-->

« Birthday | - »