Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > Edibles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Tree

Send a message via Yahoo to LetItGrow
Highly doubtful. I rarely travel on the R line. If I do I transfer from it in the city. A rare occasion I go to Coney.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Blossom

Before I get to this weeks update, I wanted to share some vids on youtube that I have been watching to incorporate into my indoor garden. I like to be successful in all of my growing seasons so I thrive on info, info , info.... This link is for Papaya trees. Great 5 minute video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dIP-xmtehM

This one is for Banana Trees. Thanks to Willow showing pics of his Banana dwarf tree I got very interested because its something I dont know. I like to grow big so all of these vids are on a much bigger scale of growing but I like to see the process any way. Ill be purchasing some trees soon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRr6n1pw9Ik

Last but not least Ginger farming. Im going to take the same techniques and use them for Tumeric as well. This vid is much longer but if your craving for info its something to watch on your free time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3KVhXqcIcQ

Last edited by WizGrower; 11-10-2014 at 09:19 AM..
Old 11-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Tree

Great videos Wiz, thanks for sharing them. Looking forward to your next update!
Old 11-11-2014, 02:25 PM
Flower Garden

Willow got his banana puppy from me Wiz...and I'll have more pups in spring for sharing.

What variety are you thinking of getting?

I shared dwarf cavendish with Willow but my super dwarf cavendish is an even smaller table top variety. Capable of producing edible bananas, even indoors!

Yes, I'm an information-hound too and like to find out all that I can. Good for you, for taking the time to educate yourself and give your plants that best you can. I'm getting excited for you.

Please continue to keep us posted and show lots of update pictures!!!

Old 11-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Blossom

Originally Posted by Sherie0001 View Post:
Great videos Wiz, thanks for sharing them. Looking forward to your next update!

Thanks Sherie,

I hoping to do alot with this grow. Its an interesting world of know how and information out there that i havent got to experience yet. Its all a rush for me. Its great that everyone that viewed my forum is enjoying the info.

Originally Posted by The Hollyberry Lady View Post:
Willow got his banana puppy from me Wiz...and I'll have more pups in spring for sharing.

What variety are you thinking of getting?

I shared dwarf cavendish with Willow but my super dwarf cavendish is an even smaller table top variety. Capable of producing edible bananas, even indoors!

Yes, I'm an information-hound too and like to find out all that I can. Good for you, for taking the time to educate yourself and give your plants that best you can. I'm getting excited for you.

Please continue to keep us posted and show lots of update pictures!!!

I purchased the dwarf cavendish seeds. I saw a few from canada on ebay and thought of you Holly. Just wondered if your selling them. Wouldve been cool. I seen the Super Dwarf as well. I figured Id just take a stab at either one and see what I come up with. Make sure I have the room to grow it first. I have a great seed collection so far.

Hey guys. Time for new update. I switched things around so that everything is more manageable. I took pics of how and what lights im using for this grow. Who ever was interested. These are the "Agro Bulbs" 150w. Still adding more fruits veggies to grow. Things are a little slow but picking up. I have to pick up some Bone meal since fish ferts is really stinking up the place besides its not that readily available for tomato plants to use it up as needed, so there suffering a bit.

The sweet potatoes are growing very nice. Everyday I have to train the vines, there getting out of control but thats a great sign. Ive also planted some potato seeds to get some regular potatoes to grow. I shouldve started those a while ago.

I went to the store and found African Horned Melon and im going to plant those seeds and see what I come up with. They grow just like cucumbers but the taste to most is unexplainable. Hope you guys enjoyed the vids Ive shared. Ill be posting more which ever ones I feel like we all can benifit from.

Time for pics

IMG_20141112_202808[1].jpg

IMG_20141112_202747[1].jpg

IMG_20141112_202836[1].jpg

IMG_20141112_202856[1].jpg

Last edited by WizGrower; 11-12-2014 at 07:44 PM..
Old 11-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Flower Garden

you are doing a very good job and everything looks good
Old 11-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Flower Garden

Things are looking great, Wiz! Thanks for sharing.

I used to grow potatoes in pots outdoors...carrots too...because you can avoid deformed vegetables, from rocks in the garden. I'm sure your sweet potatoes will be great. Can't wait to see.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:03 AM
Blossom

These sweet potato plants are thriving. I found that you can eat the leaves. Ill give them a try before harvest. Wanted to share this with you guys before my next update. I know ive been absent on most threads but ill get back in the hang of things soon.

Switched from using fish ferts to organic bone meal. I couldnt stand the smell no longer burning way to many candles lol.

Speaking of candles me and my girlfriend just made some out of 100% yellow beeswax and organic palm oil. Smells great.

20141121_120146[1].jpg

20141121_120135[1].jpg

Last edited by WizGrower; 11-21-2014 at 11:06 AM..
Old 11-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Flower Garden

Healthy and gorgeous! Nice job, Wiz!

Tags
gardening tips, herbs, indoors, veggies
-->

« Herbs | Figs »