Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > Edibles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Tree

Send a message via Yahoo to LetItGrow
Wiz aren't you also growing several adenium desert rose?
Old 10-28-2014, 09:38 PM
Flower Garden

Everything looks great, Pink!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:54 PM
Blossom

Originally Posted by LetItGrow View Post:
Wiz aren't you also growing several adenium desert rose?
Yea I have 15 growing so far.

Originally Posted by pinkham View Post:
On the right of the picture is a morning glory seedling and fairy castle cactus. My Adeniums are 2 inch tall seedlings. Richard Charles is the man to talk to about Desert rose.

Ill have to look that guy up on here. Ive been wanting to get more info on pruning desert roses.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:05 AM
Flower Garden

Wiz...do you keep your lights on all year round?

RC will be around shortly, I'm sure.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:52 AM
Blossom

Hey Holly,

Yes I keep my lights on year round. I use to have a house with a balcony so summer time all plants were outside during the day. I dont like dealing with pest so I keep them inside since I dont have a balcony or back yard for that matter.

RC responded on his desert rose thread so all is well.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:46 PM
Blossom

Heres a new list of plants I just added to my medical herbs. Still no luck with finding the Chaney vine.

Ill be growing 2 of each

Beijing Grass (Murdannia Loriformis)

Moldavian Balm (Dracocephalum Moldavica)

Scullcap (Scutellaria Lateriflora)

Tootheache Plant (Spilanthes Acmella)

Red Roselle (Hibiscus Sabdariffa)

Naranjilla (Solanum Quitoense)
Old 10-29-2014, 08:50 PM
Flower Garden

Wow, that's quite a list, Wiz!

Are you growing them all from seed?
Old 10-29-2014, 09:16 PM
Blossom

Yes Ill be growing them all from seed. I rather grow them from seed my self to insure no cancer starting fertilizers. There all NON GMO. All of my plants are non GMO.

So we all get to enjoy the beginning to the end with these babies!
Old 10-29-2014, 09:24 PM
Flower Garden

I'm not into genetically modified foods either....precisely why I love heirloom varieties so much.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Bush

I have been meaning to read through these pages. I will later today.

Think it is an amazing idea, WizG and I have many things growing in our garden that have medicinal properties or atleast health benefits.

I grew what is called "Yakón" this year. It is a potato like root vegetable from South Africa. It has a different flavor. Like an Apple and somewhat like a Pear.
Supposed to have digestinal benefits and the leaves can be eaten also.

RC
Old 11-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Flower Garden

I can't wait to see Wiz's surprise update pictures he spoke about in my Grow Lights thread!!!
Old 11-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Blossom

Here is this weeks update. The surprise I have for you guys isnt how I wouldve wanted to look fully only thing missing would be the my medical plants that is listed above in a previous post. But they will be here by the end of the week so YYAYAYAY!!!!!

oK OK.... HERE WE HAVE THE MAIN GROW ROOM WHERE THE PLANTS WILL FINISH. BUT I WILL BE MOVING SOME THINGS IN AND OUT AS I HAVE ANOTHER PLACE SET UP AS WELL. HAVE TO MAKE ROOM FOR MY SURPRISE. THE 1 GAL. GROW BAGS ARE PERFECT TO SQUEEZE AND FIT EVERYTHING IN IF SPACE IS LIMITED!

IMG_20141103_203303[1].jpg

I ADDED SOME REGULAR POTATOES TO THE MIX WAITING FOR THAT TO GROW SLIPS, AND I HAVE ANOTHER SWEET POTATO GROWING SLIPS ALREADY. TOP SIDE IS PAPAYA SEEDLINGS. PICKING THE STRONGEST GROWERS AND BEST TRAITS FROM HERE. AN AVOCADO WITH MORE GINGER IN BACK WAITING TO SPROUT!

IMG_20141103_205106[1].jpg

MORE PAPAYA SEEDLINGS WITH STRONG GROWING MORINGA TREES. I ADDED SILICA TO THICKIN THERE STOCKS. LOOKING GOOD.

MORE PEPPERS, SWISS CHARD, AND BORAGE WITH BASIL.

IMG_20141103_205139[1].jpg

HERE WE HAVE GUINEA HEN WEED WHICH IS STARTING TO TAKE OFF NICE GREEN FOLIAGE, WITH 2 MORINGA TREES IN 1GAL. POTS.

IMG_20141103_205212[1].jpg

GRAND FINALE!!!!!! I ADDED A HYDRO BUBBLE SYSTEM WHICH I BUILD MY SELF. TWO PLANTS CAN FIT IN EACH BASKET OR 1 PLANT FOR BIGGER PLANTS. AIR TUBES WHICH GOES THREW THE BASKETS AND RELEASES AIR BUBBLES TO GIVE ROOTS O2. UNDER THE HOOD WHERE THE WATER AND NUTRIENTS GO THERE IS A BUBBLE WAND THAT I ALSO MADE ABOUT 42" IT BENDS ANY WAY I NEED IT TO & IT ALSO RELEASES O2 INTO THE WATER WHICH WILL MAKE THE ROOTS EXPLODE EVEN MORE ONCE THEY ARE SWIMMING AROUND INSIDE. AND THE 541GAL/HR AIR PUMP!!!!!!

I WILL FILL THIS BABY UP WITH WATER UNTIL ITS ABOUT 3" INTO THE NET POTS THEN ADD A HYDRO MEDIUM AND ADD THE PLANTS OF MY CHOICE. THE NEW MEDICAL PLANTS WILL GO IN HERE!

IMG_20141103_205044[1].jpg

PS AIR PUMP IN NEXT POST BELOW!!!!
Old 11-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Blossom

heres the air pump

IMG_20141103_205241[1].jpg
Old 11-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Blossom

Hey RC I would like to trade you for a slip or 2 of that "YAKON" Apple/pear flavor is interesting. I would like to have that in my garden

Originally Posted by Richard Charles View Post:
I have been meaning to read through these pages. I will later today.

Think it is an amazing idea, WizG and I have many things growing in our garden that have medicinal properties or atleast health benefits.

I grew what is called "Yakón" this year. It is a potato like root vegetable from South Africa. It has a different flavor. Like an Apple and somewhat like a Pear.
Supposed to have digestinal benefits and the leaves can be eaten also.

RC
Old 11-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Bush

Wiz, that is an amazing set up. What a treat.
Will let you know about the Yakón.

RC

Tags
gardening tips, herbs, indoors, veggies
-->

« Herbs | Figs »