Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > Edibles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Blossom

ArrowWiz's Organic Veggie and Medical Herb Garden

Namaste Everybody,

Im starting this forum to put all of my treasures in one place. Some new things could be added weekly because my collection of natural healing herbs is not finish yet. Maybe one of you have something special in your garden that I may need

Everything in the list below has already sprouted. I have a rotating 2 shelf system here, lower shelf will be for germination, once they fill the ice cube trays I remove them and I use 8.5oz cups then placed on the second shelf until they will be moved to a 1 or 2gal. pot, then moved to the larger room to finish. Mostly every veggie I have will harvest around 150 days or less. Tumeric/ginger I will let go for 7 months or longer. All of my herbs will grow continuously with small harvest just to make medical juices. One of my favorites will be the PURPLE TOMATOES they are a hybrid mix between blueberries and strawberries so there filled with antioxidants.

All of my Herbs fight cancer, bacteria, and viruses. Also good for pain relief, anti depressants, kidney stones, blood cleansing, diabetics & heart disease.

Ok heres a list of all the veggies and herbs growing in my garden:

Sugar Cane
Creeping thyme (Medical, eatable)
Borage (Medical)
Bitter Melon (Medical)
Sweet Basil
Royal Chatenay Carrots
Moss Curled Parsley
Cilantro
Chanca Piedra (Medical)
Moringa Tree (Medical)
Tumeric (Medical)
Ginger (Medical)
Pineapple Mint (Medical)
Purple Tomatoes (Medical)
Sweet Potatoes
Guinea hen weed (Medical)
Kalanchoe Pinnata (Medical)
Papaya Tree (Medical)
Apple tree
Dragon Fruit
Green Beans
Swiss Chard
Habanero Peppers
Hot Peppers
Sweet Peppers
Jalapeno Peppers

My soil mix: Pro-mix, coco coir, perlite, vermiculite

Fertilizers: Vitamin B1, fish ferts grow/bloom, Seaweed, amino acids, molasses

Lights;6500k 4ft 4 bulb florescent T5 HO light, 4x 150w Agro plant bulbs 2700k, 4x 23w CFL's 6500k

Now time for some pics. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Ill be updating weekly or bi weekly .... Lets get growing

20141027_120420[1].jpg
20141027_120444[1].jpg
20141027_120519[1].jpg
20141027_120644[1].jpg
20141027_120718[1].jpg

PS 5 pic max so I will have to upload a pic of the Kalanchoe Pinnata plants at a later time

Last edited by WizGrower; 10-27-2014 at 01:33 PM..
Old 10-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Blossom

OK heres a pic of the (right) Kalanchoe Pinnata and to the (left) Chanca Piedra

20141027_120028[1].jpg
Old 10-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Flower Garden

very cool WizGrower really enjoy your update and will enjoy this with you
Old 10-27-2014, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

You've got a good looking set-up there, Wiz.
Looks like you are keeping some great records of all that you're doing, too.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:27 PM
Blossom

Originally Posted by zuzu's petals View Post:
You've got a good looking set-up there, Wiz.
Looks like you are keeping some great records of all that you're doing, too.

Thanks ZUZU, great to see a Super Moderator stop by the forums. Hope you stick around
Old 10-27-2014, 02:44 PM
Flowering Shrub

What a great selection of plants, The grow area looks awesome too. This obviously isn't your first try at grow lights. I'm looking forward to seeing everything grow this winter.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:27 PM
Flower Garden

Oh this is

You know I love it, Wiz!

Keep the pictures and the information coming. I can't get enough! Your set-up is wonderful!

Old 10-27-2014, 07:23 PM
Blossom

Originally Posted by pinkham View Post:
What a great selection of plants, The grow area looks awesome too. This obviously isn't your first try at grow lights. I'm looking forward to seeing everything grow this winter.
Thanks Pink, Im still working on getting a few if I could find them. Im looking to add Chaney root and Dog Blood plant to my medical herbs. I will have to get them imported as well.

As for the grow lights, ive used them all mostly. And I just stuck with moderate fixtures and lighting. They do the same as the high tech claims. And if your not into nanometers, light spectrum's with building your own light etc, then moderate is perfect. Best way to grow indoors is by saving money. Ill upload a pic of my bulbs I use. I put my 400w MH/HPS light up for now until the snow hits. That will keep my house warm so I wont have to use my heaters. Right now im at about 600w spread out threw my indoor garden. The Agro lights easly covers a 2x2 area but at a height of 4 to 5ft it will cover 2x4. So for full coverage I use 2 agro bulbs that covers 4x4. $7/bulb. I compare these bulbs to the sun with a output power of a MH/HPS. They actually feed the plants calcium etc. It build the plants cells all together with a faster growth rate.

Im only writing all of this because I want this forum to be very informative. I know your a reader so I hope you dont mind lol.

Originally Posted by The Hollyberry Lady View Post:
Oh this is

You know I love it, Wiz!

Keep the pictures and the information coming. I can't get enough! Your set-up is wonderful!

Hey Holly, thank you thank you thank you your far to kind!!!!!

Im on the information highway so I will be dropping off as much info here as we go along. I shouldve put the number of each plant I have. I forgot to do that. I guess I can add that in next comment or so.....
Old 10-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Tree

Love your setup and plant selection Wizgrower! Your plants look very happy and healthy.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:51 PM
Blossom

Thanks Sherie. next weeks update will be grand.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:35 PM
Flower Garden

Oh I can't wait!
Old 10-28-2014, 04:54 PM
Blossom

The Moringa trees are growing fast. They are fast growers. I just want to thicken there trunks more so Im going to feed them silica next watering.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:22 PM
Flower Garden

Have you ever heard of shaking your indoor plants to get them to thicken up?

This is an actual process taught to indoor growers, to thicken soft weak stems. Outdoors, there is wind, so the stems naturally thicken up on their own, to be able to stand up to the force.

Indoors however, there is no wind, so soft weak growth is often the result. A fan or the process of shaking your plants once a day, will simulate wind and the plant will grow much stronger and thicker in response.

I often throttle my indoor plants!
Old 10-28-2014, 05:23 PM
Tree

Send a message via Yahoo to LetItGrow
Where will you put all your trees once they get to big for your indoor space?
Old 10-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Blossom

Originally Posted by The Hollyberry Lady View Post:
Have you ever heard of shaking your indoor plants to get them to thicken up?

This is an actual process taught to indoor growers, to thicken soft weak stems. Outdoors, there is wind, so the stems naturally thicken up on their own, to be able to stand up to the force.

Indoors however, there is no wind, so soft weak growth is often the result. A fan or the process of shaking your plants once a day, will simulate wind and the plant will grow much stronger and thicker in response.

I often throttle my indoor plants!

lol, oh the torture. Even though plants like being man handled a bit. Yea Ive heard of doing that but instead I just get a mini clamp fan to put in the grow space to blow them around. Moringa trees grow lanky the reason why there called drum stick trees so its there natural state. I just want them to thicken up sooner. So silica will do the trick in a weeks time. But the fan is always on.

I have a pretty good controlled inside grow. only thing im missing right now is a pressure mist bottle. Easier to water all of these plants.

Originally Posted by LetItGrow View Post:
Where will you put all your trees once they get to big for your indoor space?

I wont let them get to big. I will keep them in 1 gallon or 3 gallon pots one or two may be put into a 5gal pot for a more outside effect. They will be placed in my den area. Im going to make it into a outside tropical kind of feel. And all of the plants will be eatable. I always think ahead before I do anything

Last edited by WizGrower; 10-28-2014 at 06:04 PM..

Tags
gardening tips, herbs, indoors, veggies
-->

« Herbs | Figs »