Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > Edibles > Kitchen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2014, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Share your Christmas Tradition

Just wondering how everyone celebrates their Christmas!
Is it with family, friends, or just you and spouse! What do you have? Breaakfast, Dinner, snacks?
Would love to see how each one enjoys this time of the year!

Ours is celebrated at our home.. I have 3 kids, 5 grandkids and they usually invite a friend or two!

First we have Christmas Morning Breakfast which is:
Breakfast casseroles, Pull apart ham and cheese bread, Hashbrown casserole,
Grits, Tomato and plain white gravy, Ham, smoked link sausage, tenderloin, sausage and cheese squares. Biscuits, coffee, orange juice, milk or some has regular soda.
After breakfast is finished and kitchen cleaned, instead if doing gifts. we play fun games..kind you see on Minute to Win it.. we have envelopes with money ranging from $1.00 - $20.00...and all mixed up..so they get to pick when they win.. of course at the end everyone is a winner because everyone get's an envelope with money in it. Our kids are at the point it is hard to buy gifts for so this way they can buy what they want themselves. It takes a lot of stress off us trying to buy for each. Of course with our tradition we celebrate the Birth of Christ..I fix a Birthday Cake and do games that is teaching them more of the Bible! We have a great time and each year everyone looks forward to our Christmas Breakfast and Games..! Good family time and tradition..and of course we have homemade candy and desserts they can snack on the rest of the day!
I am thinking this year I am going to try RC's Wife Saver Recipe. for this one will fit right in our breakfast!

Let's us hear how you celebrate...! MWAH!

"Even if sin did come into the world through a woman....so did the Saviour!"
Old 12-14-2014, 06:10 AM
Forest

SmileTraditions

baking cookies an making candy to give to those who have helped me all year long.
Trading cards an photos to watch our families growth an progress. This is so nice to see all the cute photos familys send me.

Putting up a tree
going to church..

Old 12-14-2014, 08:28 AM
Flower Garden

not much here it is just my husband and i and we do not do much and no candy or cookie making here and not much else here except celebrate the fact of Christ and that is all
Old 12-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Bush

Our Christmas Day together changes each year, from getting together on either Christmas Day or Boxing Day, as we trade off with in laws.
We go to my parents place and have a wonderful breakfast.
Grapefruit halves sprinkled with brown sugar and warmed in oven.
Cristmas morning Wife Saver
Land of Nod (pull apart cinnamon buns)
Sausage rolls

We all get items and fill stockings for everyone and the children open their gifts.
Each of us prepares something for our Christmas Dinner and get together for dinner. With us all living in the same area, this makes it easier.
When we where kids. My family always put a ornament, usually hand made on each of our gifts. This is what we do also for the nieces & nephews, so that when they are adults. They will have ornaments for their own tree. Having a memory attached to each one.
When we put our tree up. The majority of the ornaments are from family and friends. It brings back so many wonderful thoughts as we put each ornament on the tree.
On the off day (Christmas or Boxing) when not with the whole family. We have dinner at home and invite friends that where unable to make it to home for their family dinner.

This is a very special time of year, atleast for me. It is a time when we all get together and share in laughter, good food and relaxing time with friends and family. Talk about years past and remember all the special times spent together.

RC
Old 12-14-2014, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you all for sharing ,, hope others will join in..It's nice to see how others celebrate all around the world.! RC...we have Christmas ornaments from when our kids were little bitty..and from grandkids. and PS friends...this make our tree so special.

Many blessings!

Old 12-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Flower Garden

We get up and open presents the first thing on Christmas morning. Breakfast is usually just whatever you want kinda deal. By 8:30-9:00 we are down at my mama's house to open presents and then eat Christmas dinner. We eat right around noon and after dinner and clean up we just hang out at mama's. Mess with what the boys have gotten for Christmas or watch a movie, ya know, something relaxing.

Mamas' Christmas tree is always decorated with birds. There have been birds on my mama's tree since I was a teenager. I'm too eclectic on my tree but there are some ornaments that I always have on my tree. I love Christmas, celebrating Christ's birth is just amazing. The beautiful lights on the trees, I just love Christmas. I'm a big kid really and I have to watch the Christmas specials, the grinch, Rudolph, Santa Claus is coming to town, etc..
Philippians 4:13
Old 12-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Tess...You really have a busy Christmas day..but what a joy! It's all about giving, sharing, family time..I love it also! My husband starts recording Christmas movies as soon as they start coming on..and we have so many recorded,, we will be watching Christmas movies on into next year..LOL!! But that's fun to!

Hoping others will share also! Nice seeing how others enjoy Christmas time!

-->