Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > Edibles > Kitchen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Bush

Cooking challenge!

With how "tight" times are an all (ok maby it's just here)

Have you ever had to scrape by with literally only the food you have in the house? We're in a situation like that ATM luckily we have a fair bit of food in the freezer

Last night we had pasta with a seasoned (from our spices) can of tomatoes and meatballs there wasn't near as much sauce as there should have been but it was still really good tasting

For dinner we are planning an open-faced meatloaf sandwich with a light au jous and a ketchup topping that's been seasoned slightly by me

Sound nearly gourmet? Considering we aren't paying anything extra? As it is our fridge looks nearly empty

--anyone have favourites that work well? Or things they like to keep stocked in the house in case?

We usted to buy stuff from a local co-op and I'll admit that not everything is quite to flavour or quality but in a pinch I could get even that stuff to taste like gourmet I'll bet

Oh lol anyone wanna try listing a few ingredients see what I come up with as a meal ideal?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:07 AM
Blossom

If you have your own herb garden it would easy. Fresh herbs always make things taste better. The toughest cuts of meats come out tender and juicy after being simmered all day in a herbal gravy in a crock pot.
I'm a Viet Nam Vet and lived by the tabasco sauce recipe book and the Spam cook book. LOL

Bill
-->