Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > Edibles > Kitchen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Critter Rescue Angel

Tess I want to really encourage you..and everyone to seriously think about what you eat. Swampy is so right in what she says. There are so many bad things in packaged foods and the sugar industry is making a fortune off of our bad health. They put sugar in EVERYTHING and you may be surprised to know but refined sugar is ADDICTIVE! That is why people like all this packaged goodies so much..yes they taste good(or so we think)but the truth is if you have been eating these things for years you are addicted and that is why it is hard to move on to an all natural diet.

I started my switch with a 3 day detox...this involved juicing AND making meals with fresh veggies...I can show you the plan if you are interested. I made a couple adjustments to it becase I dont like the sea weed they used but all in all its a very tasty detox diet...after I did that 3 day detox I moved into a 3 day juice fast to detox even further. Then when I came off the juice fast I went right into eating fresh fruits and veggies. I love soaked almonds, almond milk, coconut milk...I eat eggs and some fish and even some beef but I limit the meat. Eating a natural diet it so refreshing and not really that hard once you know what you are doing..I am happy to help anyone and share some good information and resources.

Swampy I LOVE my juicer, it is wonderful..I can juice pretty much anything with it, there are a couple tricks to juicing leafy greens like spinach. If I have small leafy green like spinach and parsley I want to juice I wrap them in a big leaf like kale then put it though the juicer and the juice a softer fruit right after to get all the green juice out of the machine. I would like to upgrade my juicer eventually but its not in the budget at this time.

I juice every day at least 2 big glasses and eat regular meals and if i am hungry in between I have healthy snacks and I am so much loving how I feel and the weight I am loosing! I thought it would be so hard but ya know after that 6 days of detoxing I dont even want the other foods much now I feel so much better and the cravings are gone because the sugar is gone from my system.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Flower Garden

Sounds wonderful RiverRock and I am so happy that you are sticking to the the juicing and healthy food diet without dieting.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Critter Rescue Angel

I thought it would be nice to give you all a small tutorial of how I do juicing. This is a simple juice I really like.

1/2 large pomagranite
2 large apples
and about 4 handfuls of spinach.
I also added a small green apple at the end to make my glass completely full.

So here is what all is going into this very simple yet extremely healthy juice.

I wanted to make a note about the pomagrante..the way i find easiest to get all those wonderful kernels..first cut it into 4ths to make it easy to handle..then push in the skin to turn it inside out..this will expose most of the kernels very easily..next just gently rub your fingers over the kernels to loosen and break them off the skin..carful not to squish them.

Then we start putting it all through the juicer. I put a couple of the apple pieces first then the pomagranite, then I take the spinach leaves and wad them up together and out it in the juicer in a ball or if I have a kale or big lettuce leaf I wrap that around the spinach, I leave some of the apple to the end because it juices very easy and will help get all the green juice out of the machine.

I place all my pulp in this little bucket with a good tight lid and when it is full I take it to the compost bin and dump it for extra nutrients in this springs garden!

Cleaning the juicer is simple and easy. I use HOT water, as hot as I can get it from my tap and rinse all the juicer parts. I do not 'wash' them with soap every time, I dont think it is nessisary because i wash it off right away after juicing..before i even drink my juice. Then about 1-2 ties a week I run all the part through the dishwasher for a nice sanitizing wash.

When all is said and done from the time I start cutting the fruit and veggies till the machine is washed and I am relaxing with my juice is about 10-15 minutes. Not bad at all
Old 01-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Forest

Smile

Rr
Nice an easy instructions. looks very delicious.

n
Old 01-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Critter Rescue Angel

https://www.facebook.com/groups/126532604181671/

I have created this group as a place were people that want or need to loose weight and have a healthy life style can come and get support and be encouraged. We will support each other as we learn new ways to help ourselves get healthy and stay that way!
Old 01-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Forest

Smile

You must be winning the war Riverrock. Good idea there.
YOu will soon be the Queen of efforts..
Old 01-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Critter Rescue Angel

hehehe..thanks Bali you my number 1 cheering team
Old 01-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Forest

Smile

I do anything for a friend.............
Go RR go.....Help those who cant help themselves, stop eating, junk,..
LOL
-->