Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > Edibles > Kitchen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Critter Rescue Angel

Oh yes Bali protien is very important. I have lentils, beans, nuts, and even some veggies have protien..but I also like fish. I am still learning about the protiens and were to get them. I will be doing some lentil and mung bean sprouts soon as my see gets here and those are great for protien.

Yummy Swampy! I am looking forward to juices in the summer also Watermelon!!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Blossom

Send a message via Yahoo to castlehaynenc
Good luck, River! Aren't you feeling hungry?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Critter Rescue Angel

Not really I ate a banana this afternoon..bot otherwise no i feel good. I have had 4 juice drinks plus water today. I feel better then i have in long time.

I will have one more juice tonight.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Blossom

Send a message via Yahoo to castlehaynenc
Good, I'm glad...that was the killer for me the last time I did a detox...I was starving!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Critter Rescue Angel

lot of times people think a detox means dont eat and it doesnt. I am detoxing further with my juices..but the juices i am making are packed FULL of nutrients...that is what the body needs...we often think we are hungry when in fact we ust need the proper nutrients..this is not found in packaged refined foods.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Critter Rescue Angel

For me this goes much beyond loosing weight. I started with a 3 day detox over this last weekend on the Hunger for Change site....then I did a 3 day juice fast immediatly after. And today I a eating some solid foods and juicing some..with water also. y goal is not to loose weight though that is a big help for my health. But my real goal is to get healthy and to change my poor eating habits. This has really given me the chance to do so and i am enjoying it very much. I never thought I would love juicing so much! And i am looking for new ways to eat my raw fruits and veggies..and some cooking also. I have heart disease, auto immune disease, and almost 5 years ago had a stroke. I am only 41 years old right now! I am overweight by about 50 pounds. So my goal is health, healing and a new life...an i know with God help it will happen.

But I can also say that in the last 6 days I lost 6 pounds
Old 01-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Forest

Exclamation

If the shoe fits , wear it. Congrats on the weight loss an healthy you.

b
Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Flower Garden

Sounds like you have a great plan rr! Your detox sounds good. Good luck!
I went to the link you initially provided here, and found a great recipe for califlower - califlower mash. Made it last night, was very good. I did add some 100% natural plain yogart. Yummy. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Flower Garden

Well it seems that your three day detox is going on for more than three days. Good for you that you want to get healthy. And loosing a few pounds in the process is great. Wishing you the best of health.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Forest

Smile

Stick with fruits an veggies an yogurt an it will help bunches.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Critter Rescue Angel

Thank you all for supporting me in this, it truly means a lot to me!

I a off the detox now but am continuing to make juices as i really like them..and I am slowley changing my entire diet so that I am eating natural and healthy..its really great once you start getting used to it. Now I dont even want junk food or fast food or packaged food..they dont appeal to me anymore.

Today I got my sprouting seeds in the mail also so I am ready to make my own fresh sprout..the lentils are really good for protein. I LOVE sprouted mung beans too, they are so good.

I have begun the process of replacing all the chemicals in my house with safer, healthier cleaners also..but this will take time to have it all done. I found a good dishwasher soap though that is all natural plant derived. I am looking for a good shower head with a filter on it also. Its just all gonna take time.

Last edited by RiverRock; 01-26-2013 at 04:42 PM..
Old 01-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Blossom

Ok I am inspired going to try this and see how it works. I have to really be careful of the acid. RiverRock that juice sounds really good. Ok starting tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Critter Rescue Angel

bzmom5 check this out, lot of good information, recipies and you can ask any questions you want.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gettingjuicywithit/
Old 01-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Flower Garden

I know how you feel river, I had a stroke 3yrs ago at 44, I have major nerve damage and limited use of my right hand and arm due to an accident, I am diabetic, have diverticulitis, gerd and ibs and the Lord only knows what else. I've fallen off the wagon on my healthy all natural foods but I'm working toward getting back on track. I'm proud of you, your doing great, you hang in there and keep doing what you are doing. I'm on my way back to where I should be and want to be glad to know I'm no the only one. Take care river.
Philippians 4:13
Old 01-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Flower Garden

I am so glad that RiverRock is instrumental in giving you a little lift back onto that wagon Tess. Sounds like working toward a healthier diet would only be good for you. For all of us as a matter of fact. With all the genetically altered food sources, and chemical additives in today’s market, it is truly difficult to even find natural foods to eat unless you grow your own.

RiverRock what do you think of that juicer you have – does it work as well as they advertise? I also have a juicer but have some issues with it getting all the juice out of some of the fruits and veggies.
-->