Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > General Gardening Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2016, 04:26 AM
Acorn

Bees

I want to talk about how important all kind of bees are. I live in north Ga. I try to grow squash this summer and had no luck. They bloom a lot but no squash. I know why I had no bees to pollinate the plants.So I got on the computer to see how to bring bees in to the yard,not to bring bee hives in the yard.And I found out that there are plants,tree and shrubs you can plant to bring bees to your yard. And leave water for bees,and butterflies. The plants are perennial and annuals. the list is not complete. And the list is for all kinds of bees. Here is the list,and you can add to the list. Here is the list for the tree and shrubs: Almond tree,apple tree,black currant,cheery tree,gooseberry shrub, hawthorn grows as either shrub or a tree,linden tree, locust shrub, pear tree, plum tree,wild lilac tree, lavender shrub,lion tail shrub,
Old 10-18-2016, 05:09 AM
Acorn

Bees

Now the list of perennials and annuals plants for the bees. Remember I got this off the computer. fennel,borage, oregano,sunflower,aster,basil,bee balm,bee plant,blanket flowers,,cosmos,flax,four o' clock,geranium,giant hyssop,globe thistle,goldenrod,hyssop,Joe Pye weed, lavender,lupine,marjoram,mint,mullein,paint brush,poppy,rosemary,sage,skullcap,thyme,verbena,w allflower,wild rose,raspberry,strawberry. This list is not complete. Please add to it
Old 10-18-2016, 05:39 AM
Acorn

how to water bees and butterflies

I also got this off the computer. How to water butterflies and bees. take a clay saucer, put flat rock in the bottom of the saucer.Fill with water.The water should be barely coming over the rocks. The bees and butterflies can land on the rocks and drink the water. The water should not have chlorine in it. You can fill a clean jug of water with chlorine in it. Let it set for a week and then use it. The saucer should be change every other day. It can be sitting on a table with the plants that it can get the pollen and the nectar. Or on the ground next to the plants or tree and shrubs.
-->