Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > Pests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Sprout

OMG, Carmelitta, that is horrible! I hope you all heal quickly. Some of the best dogs I have meet have been pits. They were kept with the family, socialized and taught manners. Some of the worst dogs I have ever meet were also pits. They were kept in the back yard in pens or on chains and never socialized or taught manners. This is a owner fail big time. I am glad the dog owners in this case are responsible for the damages. Too bad they were not responsible pit owners!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Flowering Shrub

I honestly have not had a problem with them since right after putting the fences up. That was also about the time the landlord talked to him. Maybe he got the point?
Dude also fixed his fence so that's a plus.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Bush

Thank you for your kind words. I am still a fan of pitt bulls in general, as you say if they are properly trained and socialized; I will not allow this incident to prejudice me against ALL pitts, although it may take a while to get over this little setback.

My biggest fears are for my daughter's dog who got the worst of this attack. Wounds always look worse on a white animal. I am just happy that the dog was big enough to defend herself until help arrived.

I will keep you guys posted as she progresses (but I will not be posting any graphic photos, thank goodness I still have some sense left). If anyone is offering up prayers, the dog's name is Allie.

Thanks for being there for me at this time.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Blossom

Send a message via Yahoo to castlehaynenc
I will pray for Allie, Carmelita...God knows I have had to pray for my fair share of animals, and He loves them just as He does us. I don't ever have an issue with a specific breed...any dog that is thrown in a cage and not socialized can pose a problem. That would be akin to someone having a child and locking it in a room...those animal parents shouldn't even bother!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Bush

Same thing happens to people after they spend time in jail, too. They come out worse than when they went in.

Thank you for your prayers. My dog Jack was allowed to visit with Allie today for a few minutes. They couldn't play or roughhouse as Allie was lying down, but she stretched out her leg toward Jack and they touched paws for a little while. It was such a gentle reunion it brought tears to my eyes.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:12 AM
Blossom

Dogs

Hi
I can give you an easy solution that I have used many times and it works
get some cayenne pepper sprnkle it wherever you have a problem it works everytime does not hurt the animal
I hope this helps
-->