Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the South > Louisiana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Blossom

Pics of myPlants out side

Some pics of my plants that we over winter in a small make shift green house!! Uncovered them today suppose to be Hot all week.

http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i431/sherrih1/
Old 01-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Flower Garden

Looks great! We're suppose to have highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's for the next week along with rain .. I'm considering moving the plant under lights in the utility room outside.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Flower Garden

Wow!!! The all look wonderful and so healthy! You even have some blooms

You will have to put up a sign this summer ~Welcome to Sherri's jungle!~

We have over a foot of snow on the ground up here~
Old 01-22-2012, 06:27 PM
BUBBA

Send a message via Yahoo to angmf2233

nice

It all looks nice! I also have snow here, ugh! I have begun some wsowing to help pass the freezing cold days.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Blossom

pics of my plants outside

X- they are all swqished together under a tarp frame. One you might use for a small area of shade. We covered it with plastic and hung lights in it for the real cold nights. It's not pretty when it's covered but it does it's job. We are suppose to get down in the 60's at nite and in mid 70's during the day this week with some rain so we figured we would let them get some sun lite and rain water before we get another cold snap..
Old 01-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Blossom

pics of my plants ouside

Thank you all.. No snow here, I like it that way. I have some seeds I was going to try to WS but it has not staied cold.
FEAR- the lil white flower with maroon center came from you.. It's a sweet dreams coreopsis.
yellow is an evening primrose I grew from seed, cosmo and a 4th of July rose..
Old 01-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Flower Garden

OMG ~lol~ I was going to say "I've got a plant just like that!" Wow, I can't believe she is blooming at this time of year!!

Great job girl!!
Old 01-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Blossom

Pics of my plants

FEAR-LOL I just love those lil things. You sent me a bunch I spread them out around the yard and they all looked different when they bloomed. I hope I saved the seed correctly so I can have them again this year. We don't get cold and snow like you guys here. We have a much longer blooming season here..
Old 01-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Flower Garden

Your plants look great all bunched together for the winter. Like Angie and Fear, we have snow on the ground and are expecting more. Just lights for heat in the winter here, just wouldn’t do it. Nice to see things growing and blooming in the winter, even if it is not in my yard. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Blossom

I can't imagine living where it snows.. To cold for me.. I've always lived in Louisiana and I think it has snowed 5 times my 48 yrs.. It's very pretty but not something I could get use to.. They shut everything down when we get snow none of us can even drive in it.. LOL I have 2 100 watt bulbs that hang down in the middle of the plants. We turn them on if we get below 32, doesn't happen often. We have had an especially hot winter this year. That just means its going to be an extreamly hot summer and lots of extra mosquito's. Not looking forward to that. I will be watering everyday and I truely hate the bugs, but they sure do love me. I've been trying to get my hubby to build me some bat boxes so they can eat the pesty things. Maybe he will get around to it this yr.
Thanks for all of your nice commets. Will try to take some better pics to post another day.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Flower Garden

Hi neighbor, nice plants you are growing! Are you covering tonight? Stuck my head outside and it's rather chilly today. I was getting used to our 70ish degree weather. Sherri lives some 30- 45 minutes from me yall. I took my plants(most) from the shed Sunday too as they do need the sun and nice air we have been having.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Flower Garden

Louisiana is beautiful, as a navy brat I've been to most of the states in the US. I just can't take the heat in summer, but if I were to live anywhere in the south again I would pick there. But at this time of year with this weather, it must be near perfect!!

Well plus I am mostly french so I would feel at home!

Hey, hey, sounds like you two should get together and do some great plant trading!

You got seeds to save from those sweet dreams?? Wow, I am impressed, I never got seeds from them. They just increased every year. Let me know if the seeds germinate and I will try harder to harvest them this year.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Blossom

Hi FEAR, I love it here, but really have nothing to compare it with.. I am also mostly french- coonass!! I save the flower heads from the sweet dreams. I am hoping that they are the seed. Will be sure to let you know. I have new babies coming up from them already this year. I just love those lil things. It's one of my favorites.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Blossom

Hi Siephanie, Nope not covering tonight, Have not covered yet this week.

Fear I grew up in Metairie where Stephanie lives now. Who know's we may already know each other.
-->