Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the Northeast > Pennsylvania

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Critter Rescue Angel

oh that is wonderful to know RC! I just got the Bowl of beauty peony last week at walmart..I love the color but I had no idea it was fragrant so that is really neat! I have it in a pot right now in the greenhouse, it is sprouting already, I will put it in ground next month probably.
If you get enough seeds of your yellow peony I would love to trade with you for some. How long does it take to bloom from seed? I had no idea they needed that cold time that is why mine didnt do anything. I planted them in the house last fall and kept them warm..lol
Old 03-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Bush

Hi RR,
Sorry to mislead about Bowl Of Beauty. It is not that fragrant. Was speaking of the pink one from a friend. The Bowl of Beauty does not require fragrance.
It is spectacular without scent.
You are more than welcome to some seeds.
I know they can be erratic in germination. As for how long they take. I cannot say the tree peonies are two years old this spring, so we will see.
RC
Old 03-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Flower Garden

Love your rock iris fearadyn! Very pretty, your daffs look great around your rocks too!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Flower Garden

Thank you

Oh shoot,I spelled it wrong~correct is Ipheion - uniflorum 'Rolf Fiedler' Yup it's a little bulb and a small short plant, but they multply pretty fast. I just fell in love with that blue.

this is where I got them~

https://store.brentandbeckysbulbs.co...w/?sku=27-0102

Those peonies, I got them from a man on ebay last winter who grows them, I think I got like 100. I was determined to start them in the house and followed all the instructions I could find. But no luck at all. They all were nicked and by summer I figured they had long enough~so I just put them out in the raised bed, planted them about half an inch deep and just left em. I planted other things in the bed while I was waiting, mustard, morning glory et.. So they have been in that bed for a good year now and I was hoping to see something!

RC has it right, they need to just be left outside for however long to do their thing!
Old 03-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Flower Garden

March 28 walkabout slideshow~enjoy!

http://s396.photobucket.com/albums/p...view=slideshow
Old 03-30-2012, 02:48 AM
Forest

Smile

How nice to see color at last.. Well done feara.
Keep on doing it all.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Flower Garden

Thanks Bali~I'm super happy with the windflower, I had them a long time ago, but they were the all white ones, they are little hard bulbs and will make a nice short mound covered with those flowers that last a long time, plus they multiply every year.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Forest

Smile

I agree the windflower is the mostest.
Lovely blue it is.
Beautiful 53 here right now.. I just completed planting 21 white scotch pines trees.. I think is the name..29 yet to go....Or game commision here give them out free to the members ...Not what I ordered, but I will take it for the price.LOL

-->