Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the South > Florida

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Blossom

North and Central Florida cactophiles

Some folks on cactusguide were thinking about a possible formation of a north/central Florida peninsula branch of the CSSA. Is there anyone on the Florida pensinsula from the I-4 corridor and North interested. The two brranches are in Sarasota and Miami to far for some of us to travel too. Give me a PM if interested. Succulents and Bromelaids ewnthusiasts are encourgaed. BobbyZ
Old 08-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Blossom

Not sure what you are asking but would like more info. I live in North Fort Myer's & both Sarasota & Miami are to far for me to go. I have tried to find Plant Swap get together like they have in those area's but haven't found any in this area. I had heard that some places have a Plant Swap a few times a year. Some have them at parks, swap marts, or other area's. What is the CSSA & cactus guide?

Well have a great evening & thank you for any more info you can give me on what you are asking.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Blossom

What we are attempting is to actually organize a cactus/succulent organization/club as an offshoot of the Cactus and Succulent Society of America. This is not a swap meet but an organized place for scientific dialogue amongst cactophiles. Yes by knowing the members and visiting their gardens you learn what works and what doesn't. Florida is a unique ennvironment and it takes alot of second guessing without communication with soilmates. This is a scholoraly venture. Cactusguide is an international forum for a wideb group of individuals who are devoted to the study of cacti and succulents.

Have a great day BobbyZ
Old 03-23-2014, 12:06 AM
Acorn

How do you join? I am near 1-4.
-->