Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the South > Florida

Old 04-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Flowering Shrub

new to gardening.

Hello, My name is mary. I a very new to gardening. I am hopeing to learn a lot. I really like rare flowers. and anything that has lots of colors. I also like anything that vines or a nice fragrance. I hope that everyone will help me out if I don't know a lot about what is going on. Thanks so much, Mary
Old 04-08-2007, 02:54 PM
PlantSwap Site Founder

Hi Mary, you have a lot of options in Florida for fragrant tropicals I would imagine. Some fragrant plants you might look into are gardenias and plumerias.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:12 PM
PlantSwap Supporter

Hi Mary,

I grew up in Sarasota/Bradenton area so when much younger, learned to appreciate and love tropical and semi-tropical plants. Crystal River is a really nice area to be living. Hope you folks are taking good care of the Manatees. I just love them. We have folks from almost everywhere signing up to participate in this forum and this diversity is wonderful in terms of sharing gardening experiences. Hopefully I can be of some help to you in answering gardening questions about plants suitable for your area, Zone 9b. Do a lot of web research also. The University of Florida has excellent online resources. Hard for me to say that being a Florida State Seminole. Understand you have a new botanical garden nearby "Florida Botanical Gardens" north of Tampa Bay area. I hear it is pretty nice so if you haven't been there, might be worth visiting. WELCOME TO THE FORUM
-->