Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the South > Florida

Old 01-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Sprout

Send a message via Yahoo to addicted2plumeria

Help

While I was recently in the hospital having surgery someone pulled into my yard and stole all my plumeria and helconia that I had growing in pots in my yard along with my Virgin Mary statue.When I got home and saw what had been done I asked the neighbor if he had seen anything and he said he had seen a blue ford truck with two guys and asked what was going on and they said they were hired to move the items for me.The police took a report but like they said a blue ford truck with out a license number and also two white guys was not enough information for them to do any good.If anyone has any seeds or cuttings that I can have let me know and I will send a SASE or what ever is needed to get them as I miss having them around.
Thanks and God Bless
Old 01-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Blossom

Rod, what is up with all your bad luck?? Did you get ever get compensated for the plumies that your neighbor's dog destroyed?? I didn't realized that you had any plumies left.. Does that mean those people stole the ones you had left or the ones that germinated from the seeds I sent you?? Either way, it's really too bad that all this misfortune keeps happening to you.. Too bad I don't have any extra plumie seeds to send your way.. Hopefully the ylang ylang that I sent germinated.. Best of luck on your surgical recovery in the meantime..

Lindy
Old 03-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Deactivated Account per member request

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyfingernails
Hello Rod,
Just joined the forum today and saw your post. It is a shame that some people do such things.
I have just started some Plumeria myself as a new experiance. Some are just emerging now after three weeks. I sent my extra seed to ok nurse on this forum.She is going to send some out to others on the forum. You might see if she has enough to send some to you. Had I seen this post before I would have done so myself.I purchased them from Maui Plumeria Gardens.com in Hi.
I hope that you can recoup some plants again from the members. It is a shame that you now have a setback for another three years to enjoy them from seed.
Take care and hoping you have a quick recovery.
Bill
-->