Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the South > Florida

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Sprout

Hello Everyone

Just wanted to say hello and that Im looking forward to learning from you all and making my first "plant swap". I don't have a green thumb like my father but I try hard. My dad lives down the road from me and he enjoys planting and talking about plants. He doesn't have too many flowers but he does have a large garden that he spends a lot of time in. I hope to swap and maybe someone will have something they can swap for my dad to try in his garden too. Im new to the computer world also so please bare with me on this. Thanks and have a great day, it is awsome weather here in the panhandle today too bad I have to go to work!
Old 01-14-2007, 03:18 PM
PlantSwap Site Founder

Hi danabird, welcome to the forum.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:50 PM
Blade of Grass

Hello and welcome danabird. Are you just starting to grow stuff or have you a few flower plants?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Sprout

Trying hard

Ive got a few plants but nothing that Im sure you all don't already have. Regular house plants mainly peace plants, rubber tree plant I do have 1 stag horn fern that Im trying real hard not to kill. I have 1 violet and some suclents I picked up at Lowes that Im enjoying watching . Not too much out in the yard either just lillys and angel thrumpits and conferadate rose. Most of those are cutting that I have had for years off of trees that were in La. that belonged to my grand mother. I have fig trees , chestnut trees, 1 orange and pears. I also have several varieties of muskadines. We have 5 acres but just don't seem to have the green thumb.

My dad is a really enjoys gardening with vegatables and like to grafe things but he's much better at it than me.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:27 AM
PlantSwap Site Founder

When I built the house where I live now, we had no landscaping for about a year (lonnnnnng story there). We started out with nothing and now have waaaayyy too much! lol.
-->

« - | new to gardening. »