Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > Flowers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Flower

Send a message via MSN to Patricia531 Send a message via Yahoo to Patricia531
All the pictures are spectacular, thanks for sharing them.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Tree

The only smiles that came to me today came from Lizzie...... it is pouring outside today, all day long! But I think of the good that does all the plants, especially this time of year when it doesn't rain much...... and it's fun to stay in side with a hot cup of tea!
Old 02-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Flower

What could be better than a nice hot beverage and a little one to play with.

Patricia
Old 02-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Tree

You're right..... that's got to be up there! What makes it even better is that my mom is here right next to us, enjoying the moments as well!
Old 02-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Bush

Send a message via Yahoo to SunnyDayGirl
Awwww, that is so nice.... glad ur Mom is there to enjoy. I remember those days

KARMA....remember that in life, you get what you give!
Old 02-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Flower Garden

Hi Patricia, awwh, that is great you are seeing your seeds germinating, especially now! I could see where that would definitely put a smile on your face!

mp, so glad for you, nice thoughts of Lizzie, mom and rain helping your garden grow!

I didn't get a chance to look in my garden today as I had family obligations BUT, tomorrow is a new day!

What made you smile while out in your garden today?
Old 02-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Esteemed Nut

I burned trees today and I came in from my land and mad e my husband crack up laughing. The soot had gotten rubbed into my wrinkles and they stood out like black lightning marks instead of my Smile limes. It really was pretty dramatic. He went for the camera but I had left it on and the battery was dead. Thank god for small favors.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Flower Garden

I bet that was a funny sight mara. Yes, thanks for small favors.

I worked out in my courtyard today for about 2 1/2 hours, the weather was gorgeous. Anyway, I did get a nice smile today.

I neglected to protect my shrimp plant when we had that cold cold weather.
Today I noticed several buds on it and had to snap a pic. I also noticed they appear pink, and, while that shrimp plant was once green,it appears variegated as you now see. I'm not sure if that is due to lacking the required fertilizers or what. Anyway, it did give me a smile today!

Old 02-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Bush

Your lucky flowerdazed. I had a bunch of shrimp plant growing around a tree, about 10' diameter. I never have protected the shrimp plant and the whole bunch froze to the ground. I started a couple of cuttings last fall with the intension of doing a heavy pruning, in case it didn't come back from the pruning. Those do have blooms on them.
Guess if anything about that was to make me smile is that I don't have to work too hard on the pruning.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Tree

FD, from your photo, it looks like a new type of shrimp plant.... it not only looks variagated, but also like a hybrid, crossed with a tropical dogwood (Mussaenda) or something!

Grumpy... I hope the shrimp plants come back for you!

Last edited by miamipanda; 02-02-2010 at 05:49 PM..
Old 02-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Flower

I haven't been able to work out in the greenhouse or the garden much because I am still in a leg brace, but a friend came over today she brought lunch and and after eatting she set me up with my bag of potting mix and other tools at the patio table. She carried out all my small brug. seedlings that needed to be re-potted and we visited and potted. It sure felt great to have my hands in the soil. After we finished she lugged all the plants back out to the greenhouse for me. Not only did it bring a smile to my face, but made me think about how fortunate I am to have such a giving friend.

Blessings, Patricia
Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Tree

I am so happy that you got outside, and even did some potting! It makes me happy to know that you have such good friends around you!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Flower Garden

grumpy you do have quite a sense of humor. Glad you won't have more work there with your shrimp plant and that you have your cuttings. What color are yours blooming? Have you seen variegated shrimp plants before?

mp, well, I don't think it is a new type of shrimp plant. At least I don't think so. Trying to remember where I purchased this. I had gotten some in trades but they didn't make it. Now I've got to put my thinkin' cap on. And I do remember, it was definitely green, the leaves I mean. How it became variegated beats me. Oh, I think it came from N. O. Botanical Gardens fall show.

Hi Patricia, awwwh, that was so nice of your friend. So glad you were able to get your fingers in soil today. Now you can anticipate new brug seedlings.growth! Does make ya feel good huh?

Okay, What put a smile on your face today in the garden?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Tree

FD, I guess I didn't explain myself right..... I don't doubt that it's a normal shrimp plant.... I'm just saying that the cold has morphed its appearance into something completely different looking! LOL....
Old 02-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Tree

OK, I had many smiles out in my garden today. I was out taking a walk with Lizzie, and the neighbor girls came over to play (4 girls ranging in age from 9 to 4)..... that's gotta put a smile on anyone's face!!!

We were having fun, taking pictures with the baby.....

and all of the sudden a yellow butterfly appears in the garden.....

It flew around the garden numerous times, coming to rest every so often on this painted lady hibiscus. I don't think I've ever seen a butterfly fly so fast.... it seemed like it was chasing the girls around the yard. There were countless squeals of laughter and definitely alot of smiles.
-->