Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > Flowers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2014, 11:59 AM
Flower Garden

Well we have come to the end of the season up here. The only seeds I got in any amount from the ones I planted were from the blue fuji that came up with the blue and lavender Japanese morning glories.

This year was just too cold for them to do much. That said, I brought a few of the ones I have in pots inside, just to see what they will do next. They do have seed pods on them, but I can't be sure how well they will do.

I will let you guys know if I can get enough seed from them to go around.

So~

I'm putting up my 'seeds for postage' today and you will all be welcome to any or all of them!

I just want to give a huge Thank you to all of you, this has been a super great grow out!!
Old 11-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Flowering Shrub

It's been fun doing this grow out. Mine look kaput too for the season. I would love some seeds if you have any to spare.

Vikki
Old 11-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Flower Garden

For sure~go and look at my posting with the seed list and then pm me with the ones you would like!
Old 11-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you Feara for an awesome time.. You did an amazing job.. You Rock!

"Even if sin did come into the world through a woman....so did the Saviour!"
Old 11-06-2014, 07:20 PM
Tree

I agree with Diane - you did an amazing job with the grow out Fearadyn! I learned so much about morning glories and about starting seeds indoors. It sure made our winters a little brighter! Thank you!!!
Old 11-07-2014, 05:48 AM
Bush

Feara rocks at her grow out // educational courses! Even though I didn't participate, I'm so glad everyone had a good time and a fun experience.

Waiting to see if Fear decides to do another this year?? Hint, Hint
Old 11-08-2014, 12:37 AM
Flower Garden

Thanks guys!! I won't be doing any this year as we are looking for a new home and I don't want to have to stop in the middle if we do find something this winter.

But once we ever get settled into a new place you can be sure I'll be hosting once again.

That said, if anyone on here wants to host one, I would be happy to help out where I can~You are all welcome to use my instructions however you wish.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Acorn

Originally Posted by fearadyn View Post:
Hi everyone and a big welcome to the 2014 morning glory growout 'How to'

If you are just now discovering the grow out and wish to join in, either to grow or to just follow along we would love to have you! I still have plenty of morning glory seeds to give away if you wish to try them~

This grow out is both to teach you how to grow morning glories and for us gardeners who are wishing for spring to have something growing in the house as we wait. We will be having a lot of fun with this one as we plant, take and share pictures and learn from each other.

Go to this post first tho to catch up and see what you will need to start these beautiful flowers indoors at this time of year.
Morning glory growout 2014 ~Instrest thread
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, all of us should now have everything we need to plant and grow our morning glories.

The next step is to germinate our seeds.

Morning glories have a very hard seed coat that has to be broken before germination can occur. Outdoors mother nature takes care of that eventually. But indoors we need to mimic mom nature.

The easiest way I have found to break the seed coat is to just nick the seeds and soak them before I plant them. You can just soak them overnight, but sometimes the coats are stubborn.

Here is a video on youtube I made of this next step. Follow this step today and then tomorrow we will begin planting! As always if you have any questions or want to share with the group how you do it then post away!!

For the rest of the group, start your cameras and share your pictures. Your setup does not have to be pretty, it just needs to function as you want it to. And seeing your pictures helps the rest of us to see what works in different environments.

Ready,set, this party is starting~ GO

http://youtu.be/qaa1oBqV0a0
could I get some morning glory seeds from you. please, I don't have anything to trade for as of now. thanks
Old 06-18-2015, 07:29 AM
Acorn

I love morning glories. They are so easy! I sow mine in direct soil. They germinate quickly in hot temps.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:17 PM
Forest

Smile

Just wondered if you all know, morning glorys are Perennials.
I just found that out? I was wondering why they returned yearly.LOL
Old 07-22-2015, 11:11 AM
Flower Garden

Well this is true for zones that do not freeze in winter. For us up here what you are seeing are plants growing each year from dropped seeds.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Forest

Smile

Gotcha ........hope for more then.
-->