Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > Flowers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 06:13 AM
Bush

I missed class last night. Seems my computer didn't feel like planting flowers. One of the downfalls to living "out in the country" bad weather=bad computer service. Anyway, I'm taking notes and soooo looking forward to getting my seeds! You are definitely a great teacher Fear!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Flower Garden

Cicindy, you know that showing up late for class lowers your overall grade – don’t you??
No – A – going on your report card missy.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Bush

have Stella d'oro left if anyone wants 5 seeds to start along with these, send me a SASE (bubble) with 2 stamps and I will send them to you....pm me for address to send to.....
Old 01-18-2012, 12:16 PM
Bush

Yeah Cindy.....excuses, excuses, excuses.....you know last night was a nice, calm night....LOL
Old 01-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Bush

lol Always givin me a hard time . It was like coming of a caffiene addiction last night for me. Amazing how much I like getting on here, then poof, taken away! Worse than being grounded. Since you guys took such good notes and sat in front of the class brown nosing with the instructor, I will be able to get you to answer all my questions! DID YOU BRING HER A PRETTY, SHINEY RED APPLE TOO? MD, I have no idea what stella done to you, but if you are still shipping her out, let me know, maybe I will take her in. First, I'll go look it up.

Last edited by cicindy9; 01-18-2012 at 01:29 PM..
Old 01-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Tree

I keep reading our 'Class notes' over and over so I can learn....I don't have any apples so here's a flower for the teacher!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Bush

Skayc1, very nice! MamaDawna and Swamplady will be mad they didn't think of it first!
MD, I believe I seen in another post somewhere that you had snow!! At least I'm not throwing poor Stella out!
SL, I was always a more in the back of the class kinda girl! Is that I spit ball in your hair? lol
Old 01-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Flower Garden

Do you remember spit balls in class? I'll have to get some ready and toss them at David when he comes home today~just for the joy of it

Morning glories love the H202, if you nick the seed coat, (I use nailclippers) and put them in the soak they wil begin sprouting overnight. The problem with them is they want to grow to fast. At this time of year, unless you live where you can just put them outside, you will need to put them in a place where they get lots of light. People do grow them indoors under grow lights.

Mine tend to just stay very small tho when I have them indoors. If you do it tho take some pics so we can see their progress

Ok, once you get your seeds and get them all ready to go, take some pics of them so we can all see the different enviroments Doing this will also help because in the future you can look back and see their progress.

And of course all questions are welcome
Old 01-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Flower Garden

Oh Skay, that is just too pretty. Did you draw that yourself?
Well I know how to brown nose too and I have an apple for the teacher.
Skay and I will be sitting in the front of the class - thank you.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Bush

boring!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Flower Garden

(fearadyn falls off chair from laughing so hard)

Oh now I don't need any apples, just smiles on your faces when you see these seeds start to sprout!!

Skyc1, that is so beautiful, I can't thank you enough! And wow! What a talent you have. It really makes me feel that spring is just around the corner
Old 01-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Flower Garden

Cicindy –Spit balls??? And here I thought you were a NICE young lady??
Just goes to show ya – can’t judge a Plant Swapper by the letters they type
I am going to have to keep my eye on you - and duck often it seems.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Tree

they can't go outside till april or may, what if I don't nick them, will the H2O2 solution help them safely germinate , but at a slower rate? My real daffodils, crocuses, tulips, and hyacinths have started pushing themselves out of the ground, so maybe spring will come earlier this year! even my roses are budding out with leaves even.

Last edited by skayc1; 01-18-2012 at 02:17 PM..
Old 01-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Blade of Grass

lol
Old 01-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Flower Garden

Well if you don't nick them they most likely won't do anything. In that way I don't think the soak would do anything for them one way or another.

I don't know, with this crazy weather you may well see spring sooner. But I don't trust it, you can get one hard freeze to come along and all your hard work is for nothing.

The best luck I had with morning glories last year was to get them going in the H202 solution and then before they shot up I planted them where I wanted them outside. The ones I started inside and ( I had tons and tons) of little morning glory seedlings mostly died off in trying to harden them off.

I didn't have the shop lights last year and the lighting in here is just not that great.

The daylily seedlings didn't seem to mind, but the morning glories will grow really fast up towards any light source, but then the stem is just to thin and can't support the weight of the leaves. When they are outside they are slower to actually come up, but when they do the stem is much thicker and they get their second true leaves much faster.

I do have some morning glory seedlings growing under the shop lights this year, but they are seeming to stay very small.
-->