Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > Plant and Seed Exchange

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2017, 05:47 PM
Acorn

SmileMany Pumpkin Seeds For Trade

Hello! New to gardening and to this forum!
Just saved a bunch of seeds from this year's pumpkins. I have about 15 varieties, including: Porcelain Doll, Musquee de Provence, Knucklehead, Mini White “Baby Boo,” Rogue Vif d'Etampes, Jarrahdale, what I *think* is Red Kuri, and then various types of orange and white pumpkins from mini, to medium/large.
I would like to trade for assorted heirloom veggie seeds, edible or ornamental corn seeds, hops plant, air-purifying houseplant cuttings, or herb seeds.
Open to just about any trade and just looking to add interesting heirloom produce to my garden next summer. :-)

I have photos of some of them but can't figure out how to add a photo here. :-)
Old 11-26-2017, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

TalkingWelcome

Hi plants4all, very glad that you found our little community.
It's pretty quiet around here these days, but hopefully activity will pick up after the holidays, as more of us begin to think about spring and getting back into our gardens.

You have a marvelous selection of pumpkin seeds - it must have been a really impressive display at your place.
I truly wish that I had a nice, sunny plot for growing pumpkin vines, because it seems like I spend a fortune on buying those unique varieties at my local produce stand every autumn.

As for adding photos, there are 2 ways that I can suggest which work now:

1. Establish a site album - and this is one way to do that:
  • scroll to the top of the page and click on "Gardening Photos"
  • next, click on "Add Album" - fill in the field for "Title" (the "description" field is optional), and leave the album designation "public" if you want others to be able to see your pix - then click "Submit"
  • next, you can upload pix (up to 3 at a time) directly from your computer -
    TIP - I always reduce the size of my pictures in my computer before trying to upload them, which reduces upload failures.

2. If you already use an online image host (such as Flickr, Imgur, Photobucket ... etc) , you can simply copy and paste img codes from that kind of site directly into any forum post.

It should be much easier, and it used to be - but sadly, at this point in time, some site tech has made a real mess of the BB coding and all of our "user friendly" buttons are disabled.
I keep hoping they will fix that ... but no luck so far.
Once again, welcome to PlantSwap.

-->