Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > Plant and Seed Exchange

Old 08-25-2014, 07:21 AM
Flower

Amaryllis Bulbs

I am wanting to try my luck at growing and getting the Amaryllis bulbs to bloom for me, since my move. I have quite a few different plants to trade. If you have any to trade on, send me a pm and answer here as well. And maybe we can work something out.
I have:
6 types Hoya's. cuttings, named
3 types Jews
Mandavilla vine, red, cuttings
Dog Tail cactus, cuttings
many different type tree and bush cuttings
small Desert Rose's
Lace Flower Vine, with roots
Hens & chickens
Petunia
Geranium, peachish color, rooted
Creeping Charlie, cuttings
And more. I cant think of the rest just yet.
Thanks for looking.
deb
Old 09-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Acorn

Hi
Have you tried growing them from seed? They're not that hard,and you can get them fee or cheap. All you have to do is type in free amaryllis seeds and check the results. Or type in cheap amaryllis seeds and check the results.i think you'll be pleasantly surprised! Valoriewithzinnias

Last edited by zuzu's petals; 09-18-2014 at 09:58 AM..
Old 09-10-2014, 05:05 AM
Flower

Thank you valoriewithsinnias. I appreciate the info. Ill have to check it out. Take care and God Bless.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Sprout

Hi Deb, Do you have 'Shooting Star' Hoya multiflora? I saw a picture on line & really would like a cutting or better yet a rooted start. If you do I could trade bulbs & lots of seeds of an Amaryllis called 'Grafitti'. It's white and each petal has several fine red lines. Every one thinks they are very pretty. I have 8' rows on both side of my front concrete walk. They bloom April to May which is Easter thru Mother's Day
You can search the names of both plants I've mentioned to see their picture. Get back if one of your hoyas is 'Shooting Star'. Thanks, Trudy
Old 09-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Acorn

Hi I could always use a few more amaryllis seeds, if you have any you'd like to trade for some aloe vera? Or for some logan giant bean seeds? Or maybe a few zinnia seeds? Let me know if you are interested
Valorie

Last edited by zuzu's petals; 09-18-2014 at 09:58 AM..
Old 09-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Flower

Originally Posted by TrudyBee View Post:
Hi Deb, Do you have 'Shooting Star' Hoya multiflora? I saw a picture on line & really would like a cutting or better yet a rooted start. If you do I could trade bulbs & lots of seeds of an Amaryllis called 'Grafitti'. It's white and each petal has several fine red lines. Every one thinks they are very pretty. I have 8' rows on both side of my front concrete walk. They bloom April to May which is Easter thru Mother's Day
You can search the names of both plants I've mentioned to see their picture. Get back if one of your hoyas is 'Shooting Star'. Thanks, Trudy
No, I dont have that kind. Sorry. It is very different. I like the leaves of that one. Wish I did. Ill keep my eyes open for it. I like the different varieties of Hoya. So many of them. lol.
-->