Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > Other Types of Gardens

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Critter Rescue Angel

Container growing Plumerias

This is the first year for growing some plumerias. I have some nicely rooted cuttings now. Out of the 5 I started with 4 of them have rooted very nice, and one was a loss.

I also have 2 nice seedlings that are growing well that are about 2 months old now...they need to be potted up now and are overdo for that. I a going to plant a few more seeds before fall to get them starte outside before they have to come in for winter.

So here are my Plumerias as of today

This first one is beleived to be Azteca Gold, It was a single branch cutting when I got it but them as it rooted it flowered and then branched into 2 branches so I am very pleased with this one.

Second one is a cutting of a pink plumeria that is now very well rooted also and need to be potted up a size or 2.

3rd is a very nice branch that was sent to me about a month or so ago and it is now starting to root well. This one I am especially happy with as it is getting new growth in 3 spots making for 3 branches on this cutting!

And lastly these are my seed grown babies, yep I am proud of them and hope they do well in the house over winter.

Last edited by RiverRock; 08-14-2010 at 05:46 PM..
Old 08-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Bush

Very nice .I have some seeds sprouting now .. And like you,excited about these beauties..
Old 08-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Critter Rescue Angel

That is great would love to see pics when you want to share. It is so fun to sprout new things especially ones that people say are harder to sprout. Then when they come up its that much more a treat.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Bush

I took pictures of the babies Monday and got them in my album here.Not for sure how to post on this part yet.lol
Old 08-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Critter Rescue Angel

I looked in your album..they are looking good, must be so exciting for you...are they named plumerias? Do you know what color they are?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Vegetable Garden

RR, your plumies are looking good

if the seeds are from me, gardenofEdens, than those are no named ones, meaning, if in three years they start flowering and you have a wonderful blooming one, than you should name it ... but who knows, those seedlings may all be just simple white with yellow center

Gone Tropical's Garden
Old 08-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Critter Rescue Angel

Thank you GT I have really enjoyed growing them...next year when I get blooms it will be so worth it on the cuttings....and some day down the road on the seedlings..LOL
Old 08-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Bush

LOL..GT ,I just hope they all make it.And the name doesn't matter to me..I would enjoy naming a plant ..So I hope I get to do that..Either way..I love my plumies..Thanks for sharing them..And watching # 10 pot rooting..lol.A happy camper here..lol..
-->