Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > Other Types of Gardens

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 01:21 AM
Esteemed Nut

I have a friend . down the road that treats many plants in various ways for naturapaths around the country and others that use natural remedies. She grows some of them, but some she ships in and process.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Bush

Here's the thread for Enfleurage techniques, which are what I use for most of my perfumery and soapmaking needs. I also steam-distill some essences, but those are largely the more robust cooking ones. For medicinal purposes, it's usually alcohol-extracted tinctures and macerations.

I wish I could ship in things to process, lol! The way this country works, though, I have to grow everything I want to use myself.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:14 AM
Blossom

Miamipanda,
I love to show pictures of my yard but I have to learn how to upload/download first. I am learning as I go - my brother is teaching me. I am old school. Soon, I hope, I can uploads many pictures.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Blade of Grass

Originally Posted by lorax View Post:
Here's the thread for Enfleurage techniques, which are what I use for most of my perfumery and soapmaking needs. I also steam-distill some essences, but those are largely the more robust cooking ones. For medicinal purposes, it's usually alcohol-extracted tinctures and macerations.

I wish I could ship in things to process, lol! The way this country works, though, I have to grow everything I want to use myself.

Very interesting Lorax! My wife makes and sells homemade soap and lip balm from bee's wax we get from our honeybee's. I am going to try this with the soap! I love Lavender, I will try it with that
romans 1:16-17
Old 03-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Sprout

I am definately getting into edible landscaping. I only have a 1/2 acre in a subdivision. Has anyone had any negative responses from the neighbors? I haven't yet. I have an herb garden mixed with ornamentals. my tomatoes and peppers are in a border bed with peonies and a pee gee hydranga. I have 2 pears, 5 apples, 1 peach, 1 cherry trees, cherry bushes, blueberries, grapes, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries outside. Inside I have a lemon, orange and olive tree, and I am looking for fig cuttings. I would also love to plant a nut tree- pecan or almond. I love edible landscaping- it is so rewarding!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Flowering Shrub

wow, jlee...on 1/2 acre!!! You rock!
Old 03-26-2011, 05:24 AM
Sprout

Thanks- I would love more land, but I have atleast 10 years before that's going to happen, so I am always trying to figure out how to fit in more
Old 03-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Flower Garden

I love walking around my yard and eating the fruits of my labor. LOL I have currants, gooseberries, grapes, strawberries, raspberries, apples, pears, blue berries, black berries, that's all I can think of at the moment but I'm sure there is more. The strawberries and raspberries are ever blooming so I have them all season long. Everything else is in season at different times and I love going out and discovering what's ready to eat today. I also like herbs. I have fever few, lemon balm, sweet annie, to name a few. These are all planted in and among my flowers. This year I plan on adding cherry trees to the mix. I love cherries too. I havent met a fruit I dont like.
-->