Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Garden Talk > Cacti / Succulents

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2015, 12:04 AM
Sprout

i have a question about my graptoveria

so they have been growing great and at one time they were growing straight up no problems now they are getting top heavy it looks like what would be the best way to support them so they grow straight up? or is it normal for them fall over like this? also these little guys that grow off the fallen leafs can i put them in a separate pot and would they grow on there own? im just curios so if i wanted to i could share this plant because i dont know how else i would be able to. here are some pictures to help explain better.

these are the little guys im talking about

Old 08-03-2015, 10:50 AM
Sprout

Yep its normal for them to lean over like that, they sure look very healthy! Also yes you can either leave the sprouting leaves in there or transfer to a separate pot, your preference. You can also take stem cuttings, just cut at least a 2"-3" piece and let the end dry a bit or dip in rooting hormone and stick it in good soil, the donor(? Lol) plant will grow right back, thicker, or bushier, than before ok? I hope this helps you, ��
Old 08-03-2015, 12:06 PM
Sprout

oh ok awesome!! yea i am going to keep them in the pot they are in now i think it will look cool having a bunch growing in there. oh thats it? i just have to cut about 3 inches from the top and put it in some hormone water thats awesome!! yes this did help allot thanks a bunch!!
Old 08-03-2015, 07:29 PM
Sprout

I don't put mine in water though, I never use water to root succulents, of course its totally your choice, I do know some who do. I dip in hormone powder, honey, willow water whatever you use then straight into soil. Or as I mentioned let the tip dry for a few days, then stick into your soil. Ok? It's really very simple, especially if your plants are as healthy as yours look! Good luck! (not that you'll need it!) ��
Old 08-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Sprout

ok awesome thanks!!! im going to let mine grow for a little while long i dont have any one at the moment who wants any of it i just wanted to ask a head of time so i would know. thank you i love succulents i only have two at the moment the other one i have is a haworthia species or the common name is the zebera plant. if i deiced to take some cuttings off the graptoveria i will post a thread about it to show the progress of it.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:14 AM
Acorn

You can cut the tops off let them callous over for a few days and place them on top of dry soil and they will roots(takes a few weeks) then can put them back in the pot if you want a fuller pot. Or remove a few of the bottom leaves and space them out in the pot and make more of the babies u see in ur pics.. this requires a bit more patience tho.
-->