Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the South

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 07:21 AM
Deactivated Account per member request

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyfingernails

How are you weathering Fay ?

Still waiting to see what Fay will bring to my area.So far we are mostly overcast with sporatic rain. Kinda keeps a body on pins and needles. We have stored up food and drink,and secured most things. Still have to put the potted plants under cover it the winds start.
Best of luck to all the other floridians.
Bill
Old 08-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Bush

Fay

Hi
Best wishes to all and hope that all are save and sound.
Has anyone heard of any damage in the Plant City Area....between Tampa and Orlando?
My patents have a home there and we have not heard anything from the area.
Thanks
Gary
Old 08-20-2008, 07:49 AM
PlantSwap Site Founder

Wishing you well Bill! I know a few folks in FL who are more or less in the path of the eye.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Flower Garden

I'm wishing every one well also. I too know and have family in the path of the storm. Watching very closely now. Praying all will be safe. Bill let us know how you've faired as soon as you can. We will be hoping and praying for you and your family.
Deb
Old 08-20-2008, 08:31 AM
Flowering Shrub

Smile

Orlando Tampa area have not been touched by anything but rain as far as I've heard. I'm about 10 miles from Orlando and was sitting here thinking *they canceled school for this? It's nerve racking though watching the weather and not knowing which direction it's going in next. It very well could turn around and come back across, or whatever it feels it wants to do for that matter. Just praying that it keeps on going straight.

Stay safe Bill and all you other Floridians! Will be praying for all of you.

*The wind of Heaven is that which blows between the ears of a horse*
~Arabian Proverb
Old 08-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Bush

Hi everyone i will pray for all in path we r waiting also with some concern of winds but have food and water just in case please if any one needs to run if any need a place or any thing please call if you wont my # just in case pm or tell me how to get my # to fl members
love you all
Old 08-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Flower Garden

Send a message via Skype™ to Mandy
Praying for all our Florida friends, hoping for the best. Please keep writing and let us know how you are.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Flower

We are getting

the outter bands, started last night an hasn't stopped yet. Lots of strong winds an rain, but all is ok. Only been without electricity for a couple hours tonight. Suppose to continue tomorrow as well. I'm about an hour from the FL line into Ga. not to far from Dothan, Ala. Keep safe Bill, will be thinking of you.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Flower

Here in North Alabama we just got a steady drip/drop of rain all day.

Enough to just make the dirt on your car run and not wash completely away.

Everything is cool here.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Flowering Shrub

Unhappy

We just noticed our Water damage today. Our south living room wall has to be completely replaced with dry wall and insulation. It mildewed so fast! Didn't even know anything was wrong till we pulled the couch out to clean. Grrr. Fay didn't hit us hard with rain until Thursday night up until Friday evening. It's still raining off and on too. It's so bad East though, my little bit of damage doesn't add up to a hill of beans with what all those folks are dealing with. Pray that all you that are dealing with Fay now are safe and sound!

*The wind of Heaven is that which blows between the ears of a horse*
~Arabian Proverb
Old 08-24-2008, 05:32 AM
Flower Garden

SouthernCharm thank God you're safe. Hang in Alpha, hopefully it'll pass along.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:11 AM
Tree

My Prayers go out to all of you especially in Florida

Please let me know Bill,and Southern,and anyone else I missed by name and not intentionally how you are and how things went,,, you will be up in prayer for safety number one, and two that your precious animals and plants, will all be fine, and passed over without damages, Blessings,, Beth please keep us posted on the storms.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:40 AM
Flowering Shrub

Been watching the radar, and wondering if it'll push another 175miles west to give me a flooding rain? That outer band is getting closer.....

Some places got 22" of rain! Amazing amount of water. From drought to flood in one day.....

Scott (we've had plenty already) B
Old 08-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Deactivated Account per member request

Send a message via Yahoo to dirtyfingernails
Hey,Y'all,
Hav'nt been able to have any satellite internet for the past four days.We had a lot of rain,(double digets)some minor flooding ,and a few trees down in my area.Luckily we missed having major wind gusts to topple more of them.
This is the third time I have tried to get online, and failed the others because we were dead center in the rotation and the bands of rain had me boxed in.
I had a nursery order come in Tuesday when the rain had just started.I healed in the tree and shrubs to keep them from drying out. I picked a low area, so when the ground saturated they ended up underwater in a shallow pond.I guess they will be alright.I will be out there tomorrow putting them in properly.
Sorry to hear about your livingroom wall,SouthernCharm1. I hope the repairs go well for you. Seeing the pictures of all the trees that crushed vehicles and went into houses we can be thankful that we did'nt have major damage of that kind. Someone else in the area had a sinkhole open up under their home to a point that they condemmed the place.They are afraid the whole house might be swallowed up.
Now is the time for recovery. I thank everyone who prayed to protect us.
Bill
Old 08-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Flower Garden

Thank God you are ok Bill. The news reports of the damage were frightening. I'm so glad you are finally back on to reassure us.
Closed Thread
-->