Plant Swap

Go Back   Plant Swap > Regional > Gardening in the Northeast

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Blossom

big snows are coming

Hi all
we'll listened to the weather this morning we have a wind chill warning in effect right now it is 9 with a wind cill of -11 but this is the bad part we have a lake effect snow warning until 10:00 am tomorrow what does that mean well they are saying 6-12" by 7pm tonight another 6-12" overnight and another 2-4 tommorrow
So it is finally here I was hoping we were gonna miss it but I guess living in N.Y. I have grown to expect it
well I will keep you posted
Have a great day
Katie
Old 01-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Bush

Katie, I wish you luck. It is also cold here. About 11 degrees. And like you said much colder with the wind chill. So far, they are saying no snow for us just the wind chill advisory. It certainly is no day at the circus when I'm out to do the feeding. Brrrr... Hope you have plenty of supplies, flashlights, etc. just in case. Sounds like perfect weather for losing power too. Let us know how you fair.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Blossom

r snow

I sure will it's been snowing steady about 1-1 1/2 an hour and why is it the power neve decides to go out when it's 70 it's always freezng but we have been here before so we are well prepared I hope
Katie
Old 01-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Flower Garden

Stay safe and warm Katie. We are getting some of y'all north wind, cold as crap out in the wind today, if you were out of the wind and in the sun it was probably 40, but real temp was around 35, wind chill made it feel like it was 15-18 depending on the force of the wind this afternoon. Wind picked up as the day went on, tonight supposed to really cold too.

Post some pics of the snow for me Katie. I want a decent snow sooooooooo bad. Not quite the amount you are talking about in the lake effect snows but a good one. I hope And pray that your power does not go out it's rough in the winter when it does. Ours goes quite often in winter usually because of ice.
Philippians 4:13
Old 01-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Blossom

Snow

Hi Honey
Trust Me Tess I would send you some if I could we already have 8+ inches and no let up in site our windchill was -11 this morning and right now it's between -13 to -18 it is down right chilly hopefully we won't lose power but we are used to it so we are prepared What I don't understand is why does the power always goes down when it's feezing never when it's 70 as Soon as I can get out I will definatly send pics
Love & Hugs
Katie
Old 01-22-2013, 06:50 PM
Flower Garden

Katie, my heart goes out to you with the weather you are having. We are also chilly down here but nothing like what you are having. Our high today was 21, with the nights being in the low single digits, but we are also expecting part of your storm come Friday. Just a bit too cold for these old bones. I hope you keep your power and and you stay warm and comfy.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Blossom

snow

Thank You swamplady it's horrible right now we have aprox 15" of snow thats without going outside wind chill right now -18 trust me these old bones hate it
I'll send some pics in as soon as can get outside
Thaks Everyone I appreciate it
Old 01-23-2013, 06:15 PM
Bush

Katie
Are you okay? or are you snowed in?

I remember one snow storm in Connecticut - we couldn't open our doors one morning because of the snow that drifted during the blizzard in the night. Being inventive parents, we put boots on our three year old daughter, okay, maybe she was four, and put her out the kitchen window with her little snow shovel and told her that Mommy and Daddy needed to be rescued. We leaned out the window and cheered her on until she cleared the snow away from the door.
Then we all went out in the yard and made snow angels!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Blossom

snow

Hi
Well we are snowed in but not that bad i remember the storm of 77 wow we are still having wind chill warnings at least it finally stopped snowing so it has givin everyone a chaNCE to regroup and get ready for the next wave
I m gonna try and get pics tomorrow and I'll post them
Old 01-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Blossom

Send a message via Yahoo to castlehaynenc
Best of luck to you, Katie!! It is chilly here, but no snow coming. Hopefully you can keep power...that's when it's really uncomfortable! Let us know how it goes...
Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 AM
Bush

You must have sent the snow my way Katie. How kind of you! Nothing like you have, Thank Goodness, but the roads are a mess this morning and the thermometer reads 16 degrees. Warmer than yesterday, but not any more pleasant.
I'm glad you didn't lose power and have been given a little respite. I bet it is beautiful though.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:02 AM
Flower Garden

Hang in there Cindy, stay safe and warm. If the weather people get it right an ice storm is coming from the gulf tonight that going to hit straight up through us to y'all Cindy. And if we get more arctic air from the north we are in for it. Geez, I just wanted snow, that's all just snow
Old 01-24-2013, 06:56 AM
Blossom

Snow

I just wanted to share well it is snowing again along with the frigid temperatures we are still in single digits must I must admit it sure is beautiful

Tess I only sent a little snow I swear Cindy sorry my aim must have been off when I sent it to Tess
Katie
Old 01-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Flower Garden

Lol, I'll blame the those on the gulf coast, Katie. Ice storms are really bad here, who it misses us.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Blossom

Stay warm and safe Katie. Snuggle up with a warm cup up of tea. Keep us informed.

Last edited by bzmom5; 01-24-2013 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: lf
-->